RC Enthusiast

Total Stupid Question

ok on my stampede I've noticed the front suspension considerably softer then the rear could they be low on oil in the rear or is running this normal ? sorry probably a really stupid question I know

RC Racer
    Could be lower weight oil not necessarily oil but that effects damping rate more. Springs could be less stiff.

RC Enthusiast
    yeah I donno the truck is fairly new and says it comes with same oil all around and I haven't touched them other then putting the alum caps on them

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by skunkd4x4 View Post
    yeah I donno the truck is fairly new and says it comes with same oil all around and I haven't touched them other then putting the alum caps on them
    Its possible some air got introduced into the shock on them try bleeding them a little bit. I know the seal is suppose to stop the air but ya never know its possible

RC Qualifier
    The front shocks are smaller. Sounds normal to me. The front of the truck is also a lot lighter.

RC Champion
    You could put stiffer spring on the front or change the weight of the oil and piston.From one two two hole piston.
    I do believe the stock shock oil is 30 weight.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by snowfighter View Post
    You could put stiffer spring on the front or change the weight of the oil and piston.From one two two hole piston.
    I do believe the stock shock oil is 30 weight.
    It's not a stupid question, actually a very good one. The more holes (of the same size, and they are) in the piston (with the same weight oil and springs) the greater the oil flow.
    This means More and Faster Movement when the wheel hits something. For stiffer feel, go from 2 to 1, or 3 to 2, etc. etc. Personally, I like the front a little softer than the rear because the front end is lighter, and quick reaction to steering input is a good thing!
    Last edited by ROB311952; 01-25-2013 at 12:13 PM.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by ROB311952 View Post
    It's not a stupid question, actually a very good one
    You hit the nail right on the head. Thats how you learn. Ask questions.