RC Competitor

Should I buy a summit?

Currently I have a stampede 2wd. Got it after Xmas, it's a blast. Been watching vids of summits and they look neat. Is it not quite a crawler and not quite like mine? Why in vids do they stop truck, you hear a click then they drive again? Are they more like a monster truck than a stamp??

RC Qualifier
    It is a monster truck than has locking differentials, a high and low transmission that is controlled from the remote, and it will pretty much go anywhere over any surface.
    Dirt Slingerz Racing
    Slash VXL - Summit

RC Qualifier
    In other words, look at the Summit on the Products Page, and then you will buy it because you will want it so bad. Then, you will get it and won't regret it.
    Dirt Slingerz Racing
    Slash VXL - Summit

RC Qualifier
    Only buy it if you want a kick butt truck that can go anywhere. It has a 2 speed transmission which should only be changed when stopped. Low for crawling and high for bashing.....generally.

RC Competitor
    Ok I see, so as fast as my pede? Better susp?

RC Competitor
    Oh dear I want one. A local store here the 1/10 Vxl 4wd is $699...... Holy my pede was 150 haha

RC Racer
    Why not???

If you have the terrain to challenge it.
    Its a great truck.Its not fast as a basher,
    But as a trail truck/quasi crawler its a pretty quick truck.when the trail gets ugly the bashers fall behind.When the trail gets REALLY ugly,the summit still hasn't noticed,it just keeps on eating up the trail.

Sent using lipo power
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Champion
    Buy a used one, if it's cheap enough for you. I've bought around 16 cars in the past 3 months and they were all used.
    I bought this summit 2 weeks ago for $200,
    ERBE, ERBE, Summit, Slash 4X4, Bandit,

RC Enthusiast
    It has way better suspension! Extreme travel, and it depends if you have a vxl Stampede, if its a brushed model its about as fast. But the overall size of this truck makes 30 mph seem really fast. It is an amazing truck, I have a Stampede and now that I have a summit it sits on the shelf. Pretty much everything you wish your pede would do, this thing does. It truly is the summit of Rc. Its expensive but once you have one you'll understand why its worth it, its so complex and well designed that it will strike awe in you and your friends. Even people that aren't in to the hobby will take a second look at it. All in all a great investment if you want the biggest, baddest Rc out there
    18v B&D summit
    You can NEVER go fast enough

RC Competitor
    Very good you guys convinced me. Thanks guys!

RC Qualifier
    You can't compare 2wd drive Pede to a Summit. It's apples and potatoes. The most fun you will have is with a brushless Summit. You can make any car go 60mph and/or handle well with enough hop ups. But a Pede will NEVER handle much more than packed gravel or a baseball field. I have a Pede,....it's great fun. But it spends about 362 days a year on the shelf because of it's limitations compared to my other trucks.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Newestmemberhere View Post
    Oh dear I want one. A local store here the 1/10 Vxl 4wd is $699...... Holy my pede was 150 haha
    Futureshop has them for $499 until the 31st! Screaming deal!

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Switchblade View Post
    Unfortunately, I think they're sold-out at that price. $629 was the best I could find:

http://www.futureshop.ca/Search/Sear...lowSecure=True
    Make it idiot-proof and along comes a better idiot

RC Qualifier
    Try best buy.ae, saw them there on sale as well. Good luck hope you find one.

Sent from my iPhone 5

RC Qualifier
    1/10 4WD VXL Pede? Or 1/10 4wd VXL Summit? Am i missing something?
    Slugs are just naturally aspirated snails

jonesdallas
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Switchblade View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by zippogeek View Post
    Unfortunately, I think they're sold-out at that price. $629 was the best I could find:

http://www.futureshop.ca/Search/Sear...lowSecure=True
    Yes, the sale has been pulled early for some reason? I have more info on it here ----> http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...eir-Sale-Early

jonesdallas
    And in response to the thread... YES summit was a great purchase. Totally worth the money cooolest RC I own.

RC Qualifier
    Just drove my summit today for well over 2 hours. Just amazing fun. Has to be the most well rounded RC I have ever had the pleasure of owning. I rock crawled for about 1hour and 45 mins. Just bashed the other 30 mins. No other RC I can think of that I can Rock crawl and just loose myself in a 20x20 foot rock pile for 2 hours and just have an amazing time. Then I went and jumped it like 10 feet over and over again and drifted through loose sandy dirt. Just amazing versatility.

I regretted selling my original emaxx years ago being make the same mistake twice. Will never sell the summit. Other Rc's will come and go but the Summit will always be in my stable.

Going to take it up to the snow next month. Can't wait to try that out.

RC Qualifier
    I love my Summit in every way and every time I use it I become more attracted to it. They're so versatile and can go anywhere. I don't predominantly use the diff locks for rock crawling but more for getting over obstacles and towing my trailer up crazy hills. If you get a Summit you will love it in every way and never get bored of it, much like me. There are no needed upgrades, besides lipos, unlike other RC's. So to anyone reading this wanting to get a Summit. In my opinion. DO IT!
    Slugs are just naturally aspirated snails

RC Competitor
    To quote URC's review "The Summit is a jack of all trades and master of none, except for being a Summit" imho a must have in any rc collection.

RC Competitor
    Ok I see, so as fast as my pede? Better susp?
    slower but will feal faster

RC Qualifier
    The size of the Summit makes it seem fast in high gear. 20MPH is pretty fast though for a 15 Pound beast.
    Dirt Slingerz Racing
    Slash VXL - Summit

I'm loving my Summit...I enjoy mucking about in the creeks below my house.
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Qualifier
    I sell my first Summit

Then 2months later I've decided to get back my Summit and never ever sell it again, here is my second

Big Truck! Big Fun!
    Sharing is the best thing to do on EARTH legally.