Thread: No fuel?

RC poster

Question No fuel?

Got my Revo 3.3 out of storage, charged every thing up, fueled it. Tried to start it. Cranks fine, but won't pull fuel from tank to carburetor? Dad says he had same problem, had to replace piston rod and that worked. So that's what I did. Didn't work?
    Ideas?
    Last edited by rdhowdy; 01-24-2013 at 08:38 PM. Reason: Spelling

RC Champion
    Cracked fuel line perhaps?
    Make it idiot-proof and along comes a better idiot

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by zippogeek View Post
    Cracked fuel line perhaps?
    That was my first thought. I blew into the line from exhaust to fuel tank which filled the fuel lines, to check for leaks, didn't find any.
    Last edited by rdhowdy; 01-24-2013 at 09:17 PM. Reason: Spelling

RC Enthusiast
    try blowing the fuel to the engine through the exhaust line. This should get it started. It could be the seal around the fuel tank cap. First how did you try to prime the engine, over the exhaust or the carburetor intake?

RC Qualifier
    You could have a leak in the exhaust at the coupler, at the header, or your fuel cap could not be sealing. Did you change the piston and sleave, or the rod?

sent from my not so smart, smart phone
    Rusty 2.5R,T-max 2.5 & 3.3,Summit VXL Nitro 4-tec

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Rcracing6575 View Post
    try blowing the fuel to the engine through the exhaust line. This should get it started. It could be the seal around the fuel tank cap. First how did you try to prime the engine, over the exhaust or the carburetor intake?
    Primed by finger on exhaust. Blew fuel through exhaust line, then battery died, so will try that.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by westoakmech View Post
    You could have a leak in the exhaust at the coupler, at the header, or your fuel cap could not be sealing. Did you change the piston and sleave, or the rod?

sent from my not so smart, smart phone
    I did replace piston and sleeve along with the piston rod. Ill double check header and exhaust

RC Champion
    Maybe you need to crack the throttle a little bit. Sometimes the tiny passage through the lsn can plug up, so you may want to see if it will pull fuel with the slide open a bit.
    erbe emaxx 26maxx s27revo 18tmrevo XXL platinum