RC Enthusiast

Traxxas Lipos Enough for the E-Maxx?

I was wondering if the 5000Mah 25C 3-cell traxxas lipos would be enough for my EMBE with a 20/68 gearing.

Would it put out enough amps???

Also, will it do standing backflips with the 17/68 gearing?

RC Champion
    The Traxxas LiPos are of very good quality, I have found. But I use Onyx 25C 5700s in mine and it backflips just fine. I think I'm using the 18T pinion. Your mileage may vary, depending on how you have the slipper clutch set up. Make sure it's not too tight or you'll be replacing parts quick!
    Make it idiot-proof and along comes a better idiot

RC Qualifier
    Doing standing backflips is going to eat up your rear diffs real quick, from what I have read on the forums here, the traxxas batteries are suitable for your vehicle. And traxxas stands behind thier products, I don't have them myself, but haven't seen any posts saying they were not good packs, SPC makes some good batteries as well for a good price, to answer your question, a 5000mah 25c battery puts out 125 amps, I think that's the minimum required per castle, don't quote me on that, I try to run at least 5000mah and 40c batteries on my MMM setup, I have had it for probably 3 years and it still runs like champ. You can never have too many amps.

Sent from my iPhone 5

the lipos you want will be enough. If your looking for standing backflips you will soon be looking at stripped or broken diffs.
    DEU 8:18 ESV

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    i would run the strongest batteries you can afford . i run spc 5400 50c 3s the stronger the less voltage drop and the easier on the battery life

RC Enthusiast
    I use the Traxxas Lipo's and i have zero complaints!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I have only one traxxas lipo that fits my merv. My first 3s seen better days though the internal resistance is over 10

RC Qualifier
    I'm with 50 on this one SPC batts are great, get at least a 5000mah 40c, and the higher the c rating the better, never can have too many amps, as I said before, the system will only use what it needs, but if it doesn't get what it needs it can cause premature failure of the electrical components. Good luck and have some fun. God bless

Sent from my iPhone 5
    Last edited by snookerd1206; 01-24-2013 at 05:51 AM.