RC Qualifier

Anyone Serviced their EMBE Motor?

Anyone out there actual bought and installed the repair kit for the 2,200kV EMBE stock motor? What is the best way to remove the back bearing?
    Always get a 2nd Opinion!

i read some where on here that you cant remove the back bearing... also said that castle told him that as well the back bearing cant be removed because its in there with some kinda expoxy or something like that. whats going on with the rear bearing?
    DEU 8:18 ESV

RC Qualifier
    Have a noise emanating from the motor which seems to be coming from the back bearing and would seem to be the noise that a bearing makes when it is on its way out (as experienced in axle carriers, diffs etc.) I know you can buy a repair kit which from memory comes with a new front and back bearing. On inspection inside motor can I am unsure how to get to the back bearing to check it and remove if necessary.

i know how that is on axle carrier bearings and know the sound lots of times. I always thought you can remove them. what i have used a few times for stuck bearings is punchers. Kinda like hole punch tools like a lets see wedge that you drive into a log lol but its round. I know they have different sizes its what i used dont have it anymore but worked good just tap lightly till it comes unstuck then change out do the same to stick it in to make sure its on good and snug. this would have to be from the back of the CAN outside if you do that but then i am not sure it would work for you in this case. Castle should know if it can or is suppose to be replaced. you never know since its a rear bearing and its not meant to be changed they might just say send it in and they give you a new motor who knows. shot them an email see what they say first before you try what i said as i could be wrong but i have done it to a couple motors just not castles.

RC Champion
    There was an article in rc car action magazine a few months ago about how to do it. Ill see if i can find it.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Castle just got back to me. I asked about replacing the rear bearing. They said its made not to come off
    I have also read where it has been done. Someone else also said smack it (with the shaft removed)on a block of wood to remove the bearing
    I may try that -I have a few sets of boca orange seal ceramics ready to go

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I replaced both bearings with ceramic ones, the rear one was easy to remove on my motor...

200, 202, 420, humor 404, 301 to rc10talk, 410.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    How did you do.it?

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by danielhr77 View Post
    I replaced both bearings with ceramic ones, the rear one was easy to remove on my motor...

that's cool but how the heck did you do it?
    Pro-2 SCB 2xSuperMaxx Revo-E SCT410

RC Qualifier
    Yeah Thanks Guys. Anyone who has done it got some tips and advice on how best to do it?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Mine fell off with a little push, I guess it wasn't glued enough... Either way, if you're going to replace the bearing don't be kind and try to break it with a screw driver...

RC Qualifier
    As there was no definitive resolution to this, for those interested or planning to service or rebuild their own motor, please refer to the following:-

Mugs' embe

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    The motor no longer comes with a hole on the back, that's why it's not easy to remove the bearing...

RC Qualifier
    Thanks. Good to know. So I guess this is for those with old style motors then.

there would be a way to get it out still and replace it. I can think of a tool right now but dont remember what it is called though darn cant stand when i cant remember tools names. when i remember it i'll post back. it goes in then you sqeeze and instead of closing it opens there is a small tool i seen i'll have to look for it as well now.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Yes, this is what you're talking about:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Thin-two-jaw...item20ced24556

something like that. but its smaller ive seen it at some store just have to go looking again good reason to go to the stores i guess