RC poster

How much shock oil do I need?

I bought four new Integy piggy-back front and rear shocks. They DO NOT come pre-filled with shock oil. I was looking online and found that their are quite a few different oil weights. From what I read for normal driving the best is between 25 and 35. But the what I wanted to know is how much shock oil I need to get. There are four shocks with oil reserves.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Stampede vxl 4x4; 01-24-2013 at 05:57 PM.

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh PA
    One bottle of oil will fill your 4 shocks a few times. I like associated oil. 30-60wt works well for this truck.
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???

RC poster
    Ok, thanks for the help!

RC Champion
    Just make sure you get all the air bubbles out. Youtube has some videos on how to rebuild rc shocks.

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    When I was using the Integy Piggyback shocks I ran them with 35wt front and 40wt rear. I hate to tell you this but those shocks are no good. Mine were good at first but a couple months down the road they started the dreaded leak. Not sure where you purchased them but if you could exchange them for another set of shocks i'd do it. For the same money you can buy Traxxas Big Bores, new Slash 4x4 GTR's, or Losi Ten-Ts. JMHO
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Champion
    I had them on on 2x4 pede. They started to leak a bit. Easy fix plumbers tape.
    Would i buy them again nope BUT they look cool.Like Digger said TRX big boars.

RC Qualifier
    Or to save money, there is absolutely nothing wrong with the stock shocks once you add aluminum caps and tini shafts.