Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RC Competitor
    Dolphincv I'll put up a parts list of what I used once I get a little sleep. Had to get up this morning after 4 hours to take care of something.

RC Competitor
    Ok so here is the list of parts I used for this conversion and where I got them.
    RPM
    A arms 80462 x 4, hobby shop

Traxxas
    Axles 5451X ebay
    Carriers 5334R ebay
    Tie rods 5141 ebay
    Offset ball studs 5355 ebay (came with tie rods)
    Screw kit for tie rods 2580 hobby shop
    Hex hubs and pins 4954X hobby shop (not necessary but since everything else was new, why not)

It was an easy swap.

RC Competitor
    @ BIG CHIKA! Thanks Bro! Im doing the same upgrade here so your thread is a goldmine! LOL...why didnt you go with the TRUE TRACK in the rear again? Im seeing that its pretty smilar price wise? Are you losing the reverse? When are you starting on the motor? Keep posting pics and tips. Please! Did you come acroos any issues with the suspension? the new parts looks a **** of a lot bigger and stronger!

Loosing reverse makes for a stronger trany & shaves right around 6oz of weight.
    Look out for the tree/crunch!

LiPo? Naw NITRO!!

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by dolphincv View Post
    @ BIG CHIKA! Thanks Bro! Im doing the same upgrade here so your thread is a goldmine! LOL...why didnt you go with the TRUE TRACK in the rear again? Im seeing that its pretty smilar price wise? Are you losing the reverse? When are you starting on the motor? Keep posting pics and tips. Please! Did you come acroos any issues with the suspension? the new parts looks a **** of a lot bigger and stronger!
    I didn't use the true track system because for what I'm using my truck I didn't think having 100% straight toe angles was critical. I'm sure it's a great setup though. I'm keeping my reverse, I like it. The engine should be getting ordered soon. I already have the upgrade kit that I also got from ebay. At the same time I'm going to do the radio upgrade and get the 2.4 system. Didn't have any issues switching everything over, I was surprised how easy it was.

RC Competitor
    Thanks to some trading of parts with Blazerss1 I was able to get some Hardcore Racing titanium skid plates now I just remove the green from the center one.

RC Qualifier
    Nice Skids! I think those are the same I got with my used maxx. If they are then I will vouch that they are tough! Congrats
    The best thing about Groundhog Day??? Bill Murray.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by mnewbolds View Post
    Nice Skids! I think those are the same I got with my used maxx. If they are then I will vouch that they are tough! Congrats
    Thanks. Hardcore parts were the thing to get back in the day. Traded my purple front HCR skid and purple HCR a arms for these.

RC Qualifier
    That must be what mine are. Took it into my lhs and the parts guy asked as soon as he saw it who I got it from. Turns out the guy bought 6 t-maxx's as soon as they came out and loaded them up with the upgrades available. HCR was on of the options. Cheers!

RC Competitor
    Did a little something to my truck today. I was bored at my parent's place and I had my truck with me.

RC Qualifier
    nice job! i think the black rims look better

RC Qualifier
    Bedliner? Looks good.

RC Competitor
    Just black primer. We'll see how long it lasts once I start running the truck. Didn't bother prepping it just cleaned the wheels with a clean rag. lol

RC Qualifier
    Hey dude, if you want to get rid of those narrow a arms, shoot me a price through pm, I'm there if you want to get rid of them. I think I'll stick with a narrow chassis for awhile longer. Oh and that 2.5 will make it fly. I know, because I just finished a bumper to bumper rebuild on mine, due to hitting a cinder block full throttle, stuck throttle or am controller interference. Hit so hard, the inertia broke the full fuel tank feet, all the front end (shredded), a rear a arm, all bulkheads, servos, etc. Heck of a shock throughout. Oh and I upgraded the receiver to 2.4 gig. No more run aways yippee. I handed the 27 mhtz controller and receiver to my son today, told him I never want to see it again lol. Nice build, been following it for a short while.

RC Competitor
    Put on my Hardcore Racing skid plates. Just have to replace a few stripped screws and this part is done.

RC Competitor
    Looking good! Love the wheels by the way. I have a question for whomever really. Like you Daniel I am using the original 4910 chassis. I ordered the new 3.3 transmission with the upgraded clutch and brakes. I'm hearing that the 3.3 transmission has longer shafts on it? If I want to upgrade the drivetrain including differentials what kind of mod am I looking at to put this thing back together. I'm going with the trx 3.3 and want to make sure I dont break the drivetrain right away. I'm going with 3.3 RPM suspension all the way around so I'd rather not have a weak link if at all possible. I hope I'm making sense? LOL.....Thanks!

RC Competitor
    You might want to start a topic with that question. You'll get a better response.

RC Champion
    Latitude:N 37 15' 47.0002" Longitude:W 115 47' 34.8713"
    yeah the paint will chip right off in no time when you paint rims, ive done it, rit dye is the way to go, ive dyed many rims and its just like you bought black rims, it soaks in so itll never come off...

as for upgrades here is what ive done to mine, ask about any of it you like and want to do and i can help get it done...

Tmaxx 4910:
    -Traxxas center CVD's w/extended cups
    -17mm hex's
    -proline badlands tires on desperado 1/2" offset rims
    -rpm a-arms all around
    -rpm bumper
    -aluminum engine mount
    -GH aluminum bulks front and rear
    -GH aluminum skids front and rear
    -GH aluminum chassis braces
    -GH aluminum center skid
    -aluminum shock towers
    -aluminum traxxas bigbores, 50w oil, integy springs
    -upgraded chassis
    -t-pro 946 165oz/in metal geared steering
    -s3305 futaba throttle servo
    -sprung body posts
    -ofna violator fuel tank
    -6v humppack
    -trx 3.3 with traxxas "R" dual chamber pipe, and high flow filter
    -wheelie bar
    -4909 3.3 steel geared "RR" transmission, FOC, rit dyed black, 2.5 brake disk inplace of three shoe pads for the slipper clutch
    -e-maxx diffs, 50k front, 30k rear
    -RCbest steel cvd axle shafts in the rear
    -prografix 4911x body
    -body clip leashes
    -cut holes in body and replaced with nylon screen
    -turn down on exhaust tip
    -shock covers
    -throttle return spring

Traxxas is good, but so are other Manus

RC Champion
    Looking good! Love the wheels by the way. I have a question for whomever really. Like you Daniel I am using the original 4910 chassis. I ordered the new 3.3 transmission with the upgraded clutch and brakes. I'm hearing that the 3.3 transmission has longer shafts on it? If I want to upgrade the drivetrain including differentials what kind of mod am I looking at to put this thing back together. I'm going with the trx 3.3 and want to make sure I dont break the drivetrain right away. I'm going with 3.3 RPM suspension all the way around so I'd rather not have a weak link if at all possible. I hope I'm making sense? LOL.....Thanks!
    i did the trans update, personally i went 4909 not 4907 for trans, not much difference though. mine dropped right in...

here is some good info from when i upgraded my 4910 to powerful e-maxx diffs and a steel geared 3.3 trans "btw i rit dyed the 3.3 trans case black" hate the grey plastics...

http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...-vs.-2.5-diffs

also btw ditch the three shoe clutch shoes for the slipper and mod in a 2.5 brake disk instead.... youll thank yourself later and its dirt cheap and easy to do
    Last edited by kuskye25; 02-19-2013 at 04:29 PM.

RC Competitor
    That's probably a good idea. LOL....eager to see ur finished product. When's the motor install? [QUOT
    E=Big_Chika;5427805]You might want to start a topic with that question. You'll get a better response.[/QUOTE]

RC Champion
    That's probably a good idea. LOL....eager to see ur finished product. When's the motor install? [QUOT
    E=Big_Chika;5427805]You might want to start a topic with that question. You'll get a better response.
    [/QUOTE]

well here is the finished product when i got done.... rit dyed black of course...

2.5 disk in place of three shoes

E-maxx diffs
    Last edited by kuskye25; 02-20-2013 at 12:46 PM.

RC Competitor
    Nothing new just bringing it back from page 5

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Big_Chika View Post
    Nothing new just bringing it back from page 5
    Anything new? More photos please!

RC Qualifier
    Are you planning on or did you already replace the steering servo? If so, are you going to 2070 or 2075 (waterproof) stronger servos? I noticed on my last cleanup, my (2055) has a crack in it.

ETA, love the sticker on the toolbox lol.
    Last edited by Oldrcguy; 03-10-2013 at 10:17 AM.