RC Competitor

Thinking about one, but...

I've loved the rally since it was announced and am now in the position to buy one. But I have seen a lot of people complaining about breaking the front bulkhead recently. Is that a hit or miss thing? Or does it seem to be a real weakpoint in the chassis?
    Pede 4x4 vxl
    Slash 2x4 vxl

RC Qualifier
    They are now making a chassis brace for this search the forum there's a link to the brace its like $40 and looks pretty solid when installed

Sent from my iPhone 5

RC Racer
    gwt the rally you will not be disapointed it is a great car. ive been lucky enough to not break the front bulk yet. I didi run wide open on 2s with the opinal gearing into a curb and no breaks.
    Drive it.Break it.ebuild it.

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    I havent busted the front of my chassis or bulk area yet. I'm taking the preventative and ordering a chassis brace. Check this thread out about a few choices to stiffen it up.

<< Chassis Flex >>
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Enthusiast
    Get one. We have three of them .my family and I love them. I think they are very Durable it Took a very. hard hit to brake are front bulk head so now we are Waiting For the parts to be back in stock wich sucks. But yeah I say get one ther cool

RC Champion
    They're great little cars. Mine takes a beating. So far, no problems with the bulkheads. It's so fun to drive. It turns on a dime and leaves you nine cents change!
    Make it idiot-proof and along comes a better idiot

RC Competitor
    I figured it was a hit or miss type thing. My p4de has been through heck and back and I've hardly broken anything. But I read in that section by people limping along and breaking stuff all the time. So the chassis brace is essentially a steel rod from shock tower to shock tower? I have a bunch of junk laying around I am sure I can fashion something together.
    Last edited by ace184; 01-24-2013 at 03:55 PM.
    Pede 4x4 vxl
    Slash 2x4 vxl

RC Racer
    I have put mine through a beating. On my first 3s pack it looked like I was playing pinball with the curbs. I broke the front bulkhead, but ordered 2 for something like $15. On top of that i've broken 2 rear hubs and also a few parts because i drove with the bulkhead cracked. Overall I think its pretty durable.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    If you drive the rally the way its intended, as in not jumping of 1/4 pipes at the skate park, the only time youll have a problem with teh bulkhead will be when you hit something. And no vehicle can survive every front end collision. Ive put 20 or so paks through my Castle 3800kv powered rally and havent broken anything. Been rock solid so far.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

I broke a front A-arm so far but nothing else. I was driving about 30 mph and hit a piece of rebar sticking out if the concrete.
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

RC Enthusiast
    As others have said, get it! They are awesome. I did break the bulkhead, and chassis once. Butt I got too tell you, that was a heck of a hit! I wasn't surprised at all. Many other hard hits, and minimal damage.
    I am however considering selling mine and buying an 1/8 scale buggy

RC Racer
    Don't hesitate to get a rally, you will not be disappointed. It is a n awesome car! I did break my chassis, but that was WOT and a direct hit to a curb, any car would have broke.
    DJ

Rustler,Slash 4X4, 1/10 Rally

RC Qualifier
    First, let me say that today was the first time I ran my Rally I have run 1/8 buggy for a while, and a 1/8 buggy is stronger and faster.

I enjoyed running the Rally, it was actually more fun than the 1/8 buggy. That may be because it is something new, or the fact that the power level is a little lower so it is easier to manage.

All in all, I think the Rally is going to be a lot of fun, and I will be keeping it around for a while
    Cheap, Fast, Reliable. Pick 2.