Thread: Tires

RC Racer

Tires

What are the best all around tire for dirt and street? I have only the stock BFG's now.

RC Champion
    No such critter.
    You will get plenty of responses about tires like trenchers etc but truth be known there is no tire that excels at both. To get good traction on the dirt the tires need to be softer, they will run good on the street too but wear out really fast. The real trick is to get a few pairs and change them out for the surface youare running on.

RC Champion
    That is a good point. Probably the best thing you can do if you have the money. But like he said I would recommend the trenchers if you only get one. You can get different compounds too.

I would recommend the Proline Switch. In my experience those are the best all terrain tires. They last way longer than Trenchers when ran on pavement. They are a good all terrain tire. I have a set but since I run on the street more than anything I have a set of Duratrax Bandito tires for street use.
    Slash Ultimate, ET-3S, 2400, MIP, King Headz, RPM

RC Champion
    Oh yeah I almost got the switch tires because they would work great on the road and off the road but sense I run mostly on dirt I got the trenches.

RC Racer
    So it sounds like I will just need to get something for the street and use the BFG's for dirt thanks. Think I will try the Banditos. I have. Hobby town close.

RC Qualifier
    You can't go wrong with duratrax tires for the $$$.....the shotguns are really nice on the dirt!!! Posse's work well too....
    rc10T3, TT Sparrowhawk XXB, Slash 4x4, 1/16 Rally

RC Champion
    I bash dirt only and run stock size trenchers and love em. If I have to run on the street due to weather I use the stock bfgs since they suck in dirt.

RC Racer
    Loving the jconcepts choppers...they hold up real nice on tar considering how soft they are...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

RC Champion
    Just found some duratrax lookups and they look really nice. Maybe more for off road but might not be bad in road.

http://www.rcplanet.com/ProductDetai...tCode=DTXC3670

RC Racer
    Whatabout Proline Scburbs?

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by rvrslt1 View Post
    Whatabout Proline Scburbs?
    I am picking up a set from a guy that used them one time on a clay track. he bought a new truck that they will not fit on. 35.00. What do you think?

RC Qualifier
    I've got to say I found my caliabers really good, they have lasted me a long time. I bought them for our medium soft dirt track and after a while I just got lazy and used them on the street or bashing and I am pleased. I recently bought some blockades for soft dirt and I really like em, loads of traction.

RC Qualifier
    i use dynamite breakaway on the rear and and shoot outs in the front on one of my slashes and they seem to be doing a fine job on all terrains.
    Racing in the Past, Present, and Future...MAYBE

RC Qualifier
    What I would do is save the BF's for on road only because they get pretty good traction and get Proline Trenchers or Badlands for strictly off road only. That way you have the best of both worlds. The BF's aren't as good off road, so don't buy on road tires. Trenchers last longer but Badlands get better performance. Just get Trenchers, when tires last longer make it much better than replacing them often.