Thread: Sloppy steering

RC Turnbuckle Jr.

Sloppy steering

My steering is way too sloppy also it is slow, how tight the spring has to be? Is the aluminum steering better?

RC Qualifier
    The spring is a servo saver, so tightening it too much means you'll probably break your servo if you crash.
    As for slow steering, upgrade your servo or replace batteries.

Really, the steering doesn't have to be lightening fast. Once the car is moving, the movement will help them turn, makign a better servo a waste of cash.

There was a mod floating around, I think it was putting a washer between 2 parts. I'll have a quick search around.

RC Qualifier
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...light=steering

Photo is unavailable, but it's pretty understandable, check his second post.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    That's funny I made that mode, on another jato that I had. But this case is different. I replaced the batteries, and got better, on the air works good, but as soon I put it on the floor is gets too slow, and it doesn't really move too much side to side.

RC Qualifier
    Haha, can't believe you're the same OP.

Put it on the floor, turn, and just push the car with your hand. You should see what I mean, with movement, the wheels will turn. Throwing a good servo in can't hurt though.

RC Competitor
    I had the same problem replace batteries if that doesnt work then you will probably have to replace servo.
    Traxxas-WRX
    Jato3.3

RC Qualifier
    Makeing sure all your parts arent worn out and the use of simple shims and a digatal servo. Super tight steering