RC Champion

Broken Hex Wrench HELP!!!!!!

So I was changing the tires on my beadlocks and when I was tightening the screw on the ring my hex wrench snapped in half and the tip is stuck in one of my screws. Does anybody have any suggestions as to removing the tip from the screw??? If not my beadlocks have lost the ability to wear a different set of tires. PLEASE HELP!!!!!
    Slash 4x4 LCG, Rusty VXL(not runnin), and my bike.

RC Champion
    Try pulling it out with a pair of pliers.

RC Racer
    May need to cut a slot and remove the screw with a flat head screwdriver.

Message sent from MARS via CURIOSITY.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Bash'n'slash View Post
    Try pulling it out with a pair of pliers.
    It broke right at the level of the screw so cant do that.

RC Champion
    Oh I see. Maybe try super glueing the broken half back on then try and get it out. Just make sure you don't get glue on the screw. I know people do that to get stripped screws out.

RC Qualifier
    At the office installing another box of Internets...
    Throw the whole mess in the freezer for an hour, then bang the whole thing on the edge of the table to dislodge the piece.

If it broke while you were giving it any torque you may have jammed the two pieces together. Try taking a tiny drill bit and try to snag the broken piece with the drill running in the opposite direction you were torquing the allen wrench. Maybe that can knock it loose.

Or, if you are careful you can drill into the broken piece enough to get a sheetmetal screw or something similar to grab it and pull it out.
    Last edited by PMDRACER; 01-23-2013 at 06:28 PM.
    I shot an elephant in my underwear last night...

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by PMDRACER View Post
    Throw the whole mess in the freezer for an hour, then bang the whole thing on the edge of the table to dislodge the piece.

If it broke while you were giving it any torque you may have jammed the two pieces together. Try taking a tiny drill bit and try to snag the broken piece with the drill running in the opposite direction you were torquing the allen wrench. Maybe that can knock it loose.

Or, if you are careful you can drill into the broken piece enough to get a sheetmetal screw or something similar to grab it and pull it out.

So far this seems like the best idea. It just makes me mad that I spent 30 bucks on that hex wrench and it snaps under so little torque.

RC Champion
    If they are button head screw's just dremel out a slot and remove with a flat head screwdriver. This is a regular solution to this problem.
    *Proud Husband of United state's Air Force wife.*