Thread: Steel Pushrods

RC Qualifier

Steel Pushrods

Would these steel pushrods be better than the stock ones? Push rod (steel) (assembled with rod ends) (2) (black) (use with #5359 progressive 3 rockers)
    Part Number: 5319
    Would they fit on the stock Summit too? Going down to the hobby store in a few minutes because I broke my stock pushrods and my front bumper connector. Is the steel worth the upgrade?
    Dirt Slingerz Racing
    Slash VXL - Summit

Um, I think the stock ones are steel... The only different ones that I know of that you can get are the hollow alumminum push rods, but those can bend easy, there're just made to save weight.
    Last edited by Wolfslash16; 01-22-2013 at 09:19 PM.
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh 1/18 Rally/Teton T-Maxx

RC Qualifier
    Mount Airy, aka "Mayberry" North Carolina
    I bent my stock steel pushrods several times. I took them to work and straightened them each time. I bought two pair of the aluminum ones on eBay for looks as much as anything else. I've been happily surprised that I haven't bent one yet Lucky maybe, but I think they may also spring back a little better too.
    The Kid

14.4 Dewalt & Misc. el-cheapo mods

RC Qualifier
    Went and bought the stock ones again. Then I got home and remembered I had another part I left there that we were trying to find a replacement for. Good thing I only live 4 miles away from the LHS.
    Dirt Slingerz Racing
    Slash VXL - Summit

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayberry Kid View Post
    I bent my stock steel pushrods several times. I took them to work and straightened them each time. I bought two pair of the aluminum ones on eBay for looks as much as anything else. I've been happily surprised that I haven't bent one yet Lucky maybe, but I think they may also spring back a little better too.
    I had the same situation on my revo. I bent the stock set and went ahead and replaced with the aluminum rods.

Never have bent them, maybe I've gotten better at driving though

Sent from my iPhone using autocorrect

RC Champion
    The aluminum ones are prone ( well maybe not prone) but sometines break just where the threads start . I have broken two. I have seen titanium rods on the market but I dont feel they were worth the price.
    MAN, Use Common Sense
    Funky Gecko, SumVee HDE

RC Qualifier
    Mine broke at the thread too and they are the stock steel ones.
    Dirt Slingerz Racing
    Slash VXL - Summit

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by noir 522 View Post
    The aluminum ones are prone ( well maybe not prone) but sometines break just where the threads start . I have broken two. I have seen titanium rods on the market but I dont feel they were worth the price.
    I could see that being the weakest part.

Sent from my iPhone using autocorrect