RC poster

Question what's the best charger for me?

I am looking to get started using lipo batteries and I need to buy a charger. So, my question is: which one do I get that will give me the features I want and is above all DURABLE?

the batteries I will be purchasing (once I figure out a charger) are 2s 5800mah batteries.

the features I NEED;
    -ability to charge at 5.8 or 6 amps
    -balancing function
    -discharge function
    -ability to charge 2 at a time

the features I WANT;
    -storage function
    -ability to tell it how much to charge the cells to (not really a big consideration)
    -dual power capable (i.e. will run off of a car batt or an ac plug at home)
    -built in power supply
    -ability to charge 3s lipos

I'm hoping not to spend over $275 on batts and a charger, so I'm looking for the best bang for my buck. the batts I'm getting are $40 ea. so I'm looking for a REALLY GOOD charger for under $195

Any advice appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Look at progressiverc.com it comes with a power supply or you can buy a thunderpower charger dual charger not the cheap thunder chargers either. PRC you may want to get a paraboard as well for 17.99 to charge up to 6 lipos but you will have to read up on chargers, parallel charging if you haven't already.
    DEU 8:18 ESV

RC Champion
    Glad to see someone is willing to spend good money on a charger! I've had several over the past 14 years or so. I'm most impressed by the Hitec brand. If you spend just a few bux more than $195, you can get their 4-port charger that plugs into the wall (AC) rather than needing a power supply. It meets all of your criteria (including the ability to run on DC power).

Google "Hitec X4 AC Plus." Street price is $210. You will NOT be disappointed. Charging 4 packs at once is awesome.
    Make it idiot-proof and along comes a better idiot

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by mike-susieq1 View Post
    Look at progressiverc.com it comes with a power supply or you can buy a thunderpower charger dual charger not the cheap thunder chargers either. PRC you may want to get a paraboard as well for 17.99 to charge up to 6 lipos but you will have to read up on chargers, parallel charging if you haven't already.
    I have the iCharger 206b from there and I love it. 20A charging to split btwn multiple batts of same type. Or you can get the 306b for 30A charging power. Has everything you're looking for, I think.
    What broke, uh, needs upgrading now?

RC Champion
    only for the AC or DC supply i'd pick click
    But if you wanted dc only i'd pick something from icharger or revolectrix.
    Guide books aren't part of the packaging.

RC poster
    Thanks for all the replies! that's one of the things I love about this forum, I always get lots of opinions.

After looking around at some of the suggestions you guys gave I'm leaning towards the HiTec X4 AC Plus charger, I'm just not really excited to spend $220 on a charger...

If anyone knows where to get one thats on sale or something, or even has a different (but similar) charger to suggest that would be amazing!

My last question is if the ********* chargers are any good, because they have some similar chargers, I'd just have to get a power supply as well.

All advice appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Royalty1 View Post
    After looking around at some of the suggestions you guys gave I'm leaning towards the HiTec X4 AC Plus charger, I'm just not really excited to spend $220 on a charger
    Understandable on the price...but you won't be thinking about the money after you charge 4 packs in 45 minutes. IMO you will not find a better all-in-one solution. I absolutely love mine, especially the user friendliness. And Hitec quality & service are legendary...
    Make it idiot-proof and along comes a better idiot