RC poster

help with choosing nitro

I used cool power 15% helicopterfuel in my revo 3.3 and i just bought a hpi evo which was broken in in o'donnel 20%. So i figgured i should update to 20%. What band should i get. Id like to stay with the same idea as the cool power because you didnt have to use after run oil. Please send recomendations.
    Thanks

RC Competitor
    u shud always do an after run procedure. after run oil or wd-40.
    revo 3.3 tmaxx 3.3 ofna hyper 7

RC Competitor
    Most people run 20%.

RC Qualifier
    I use Sidewinder 30% Nitro 12% Oil. I never do a after run procedure. Just punch off the fuel line and use up what fuel is left in the line.
    " You just got passed by a Traxxas"

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by outlawbrett View Post
    u shud always do an after run procedure. after run oil or wd-40.
    not necessary with some of todays fuels
    you know.. i never had a sig.. but i do now...

RC Competitor
    I use PowerMaster 20%, seems to pop wheelies easier than with the Top Fuel. I also just take couple minutes to do after run procedure before I put my trucks away...

RC Champion
    i use powermaster 30% myself.. and i don't use after run oil.. i don't even burn the excess fuel off and i leave a lil fuel in the tank.. and i have no rust at all.. this is not in a traxxas engine... i just recently took my engine out the truck to do a cleanup from since October... and its shining inside...

by the way PowerMaster is good fuel..
    you know.. i never had a sig.. but i do now...

Here's the guidelines I follow.
    1. I hate having to fully retune just because I am having to use a fuel because my regular fuel is out of stock... So choose a fuel your LHS always carries and that you see it being sold.
    2. When trying fuels, buy the smaller amounts first. Some fuels are more sensitive to changes of any kind compared to others.
    3. Buy a fuel that is popular, it's popular for a reason and if it's popular it's going to be around for a while in most cases... Me, I always would check the pit tables at the track (for those who race) and see what is the more popular fuels being used...

With that said, I use Odonnels Racing formula 30% nitro. Have done since 2005... Not a fan of the RTR fuels as many of them I am not impressed with the amount or the viscosity of the oil blend, seems to lack top end performance...

Yup +1,000000 if you aren't going to run your RC in a week or less, After run is the best way to help ensure a long life.
    Robin Williams
    He will be greatly missed...