RC Racer

My soon to be parts list for my Slash 4x4

What do ya'll think about this list of parts that I'm going to order on the 31st. Hopefully get it by the 2nd or 3rd.
    Only thing the slash has on it is just the RPM arms. Battery extention. ESC fan. Oh one question Will the mamba monster work alright with 2s batteries? Since I have 2 2s and 1 3s battery . Oh I'm new to this hobby and I already been a lurker on this form. But i just got my slash like a week ago. I already broke a rear arm. So I replaced all arms to RPM. Also I bent and broke in half one of the hinge pins for the arm. The pinion gear just started to slide around. I know to get a new one or Buy some blue lock tite and try that out. And it strips the spur gear on one edge. So I had to get two of them.

TKR1951X M6 Driveshaft and Hub Carrier Set for Slash $39.95
    TKR6851X M6 Driveshaft and Steering Block Set for Slash 4x4 Front $37.95
    TKR6855 Big Bone Center Driveshaft with Outdrives, Slash 4x4 $26.95
    CSE010-0062-02 Mamba Monster 25v ESC with CM2650 5mm shaft motor, V3 $259.99
    CSE010-0063-00 Field Link Programming Card for Mamba Controllers $25.95
    TRA5626 Brushless E-Revo Mamba Monster Mounting Plate $2.95
    FLM26250 Slash 4x4 Heavy Duty Motor Mount, aluminum $31.95
    TRA6841 Slash 4x4 Center Driveshaft Cover, clear $3.75
    STRST6890R Slash 4x4 Finned Motor Plate, red aluminum $6.95
    Subtotal, excluding shipping: $436.39
    Shipping Options to the Lower 48 States for these items are:
    USPS $9.95 $446.34
    UPS Ground $9.95 $446.34
    UPS 2nd Day $19.95 $456.34
    UPS Next Day $39.95 $476.34

RC Qualifier
    Couple things I would change is instead of doing the heavy duty motor mount, I would look into the Kingzhead mount. It has a larger bearing compared to stock and is great quality

I would also think about getting a heatsink/fan combo like intergy makes instead of the finned heatsink.

Sounds like a great list though. Welcome to the money pit

RC Racer
    where are you ordering from? i believe the 2650 already comes with a fan, iknow mine did. I 2nd the kingheadz mount it is awesome
    Drive it.Break it.ebuild it.

RC Qualifier
    I think the 2650 is a bigger diameter so I actually don't know if integy makes a larger one.

It should come with a fan, but it is plastic so I don't know if it will dissipate heat as well.

RC Qualifier
    Center cover doesn't fit with tekno big bone drive shaft

RC Racer
    Ditch the center driveshaft cover, it funnels dirt to the slipper, motor mount bearing, etc. You will need a new pinion (5mm shaft instead of 3mm stock traxxas) and maybe a spur gear depending on your battery/ speed desires. Also at least a 40W soldering gun, 60/40 solder, traxxas battery connector, and a bunch of time to watch YouTube how to videos. Also search up "gear mesh" after installing your motor.

RC Champion
    The FLM motor mount uses the same bearing size as King Headz, the only difference is they are made a little different and the FLM includes the aluminum slipper shaft bearing adaptor.
    You dont need a fan on the 2650 running it in a slash 4x4 unless you talked to the salesman that sells ice cubes to eskimos. I havent seen anyone carry it with a fan included. I had that same combo in mine and geared it very tall and pushed it very hard and the motor barely got luke warm. Remember you are pushing half the weight it was designed for.

If I remember Dknuckles had the Flm motor mount. He said it had gaps in it that helped let dirt and stuff into the gear area. If I also remember correctly he called the company to let them know so they could correct the problem, they blew him off like they could care less. King Headz on my truck. Very haply with it!
    Slash Ultimate, ET-3S, 2400, MIP, King Headz, RPM

RC Champion
    +1^^^^ I remember him posting that. You will never go wrong with the KH mount it is such a good product. You can use the clear cover on the Tekno shaft, I do and it fit's fine. I run my slash4 with no fan on the 2400 running 4s and it get's to like 150, so I'm okay but know when not to push more than i should. I like hill climbing with my slash and that heat's the motor's quick.
    *Proud Husband of United state's Air Force wife.*

RC Racer
    Well I'm going to order all this from stormer hobbies.
    Well thanks for the info on the flm part. I'll go a head and get the king headz mount.
    Ok now the motor I may change mine to what el sob runs. BTW I saw your vids and right on. I really just want to go fast and bash the **** out of my truck untill I break something.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gofastandbeatit View Post
    What do ya'll think about this list of parts that I'm going to order on the 31st. Hopefully get it by the 2nd or 3rd.
    Only thing the slash has on it is just the RPM arms. Battery extention. ESC fan. Oh one question Will the mamba monster work alright with 2s batteries? Since I have 2 2s and 1 3s battery . Oh I'm new to this hobby and I already been a lurker on this form. But i just got my slash like a week ago. I already broke a rear arm. So I replaced all arms to RPM. Also I bent and broke in half one of the hinge pins for the arm. The pinion gear just started to slide around. I know to get a new one or Buy some blue lock tite and try that out. And it strips the spur gear on one edge. So I had to get two of them.

TKR1951X M6 Driveshaft and Hub Carrier Set for Slash $39.95
    TKR6851X M6 Driveshaft and Steering Block Set for Slash 4x4 Front $37.95
    TKR6855 Big Bone Center Driveshaft with Outdrives, Slash 4x4 $26.95
    CSE010-0062-02 Mamba Monster 25v ESC with CM2650 5mm shaft motor, V3 $259.99
    CSE010-0063-00 Field Link Programming Card for Mamba Controllers $25.95
    TRA5626 Brushless E-Revo Mamba Monster Mounting Plate $2.95
    FLM26250 Slash 4x4 Heavy Duty Motor Mount, aluminum $31.95
    TRA6841 Slash 4x4 Center Driveshaft Cover, clear $3.75
    STRST6890R Slash 4x4 Finned Motor Plate, red aluminum $6.95
    Subtotal, excluding shipping: $436.39
    Shipping Options to the Lower 48 States for these items are:
    USPS $9.95 $446.34
    UPS Ground $9.95 $446.34
    UPS 2nd Day $19.95 $456.34
    UPS Next Day $39.95 $476.34
    save a few bucks buying this http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tekno-RC-M6-...item5aed1da599
    stock center drive shaft are OK and can handle just fine.
    good choice of combo.....
    castle field link is a must.
    double sided tape works too but a proper mounting plate is best
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC | BackSl4sh Roadrunner |

RC Racer
    Yeah I saw those shafts on ebay. I'm going to get them from there and get my mamba monster 2 with the 2650. I took today off so that I could go there and check it out. You see they close at 6 m-s and I get off of work at 6 m-s too.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

RC Qualifier
    along with the flm motor mount, the golden horizons also has holes for things to get in and cause problems in the gear plantation. threw it away because hobby shop wouldnt take it back, and went with the king headz and never looked back.
    Racing in the Past, Present, and Future...MAYBE

RC Racer
    Well I couldnt wait till the 31st and I got me a st racing motor mount. And so far so good. I had to replace that because the plastic one is a pos. The bearing for the slipper had a lot of play in it and also the bearing adaptor was toast to.
    Also.

Sent from my Samsung NOTE 2.

RC Racer

Well heres what I did so far to my truck. Rpm a arms and bumpers. Mip rear drive shaft. Strc hexes for the front and motor mount. Mip for the rear. Traxxas bearing adaptor. Esc fan and heat sink for the motor.
    I just put in 50k diff oil in the rear diff. I may change it to 75k oil
    Is there any thing else I should start up gradeing soon or just wait till something breaks and replace it then.
    My 31st shopping list got slashed big time due to me having to bail myself out of jail.

RC Racer
    Well now I have 100k in the rear diff & 50k in the front diff. I have tese new beadlocks. Waiting on some sand paws. Rear hub and a rall bar.