RC poster

Cool New Toy - First Slash- bought few weeks ago

Hey guys new to the site. i just bought a slash a month ago. We have been playing around at our a indoor track where i live. its nice. going to start racing soon. just wanted to say hey to everyone on here. bought a stock 5803 robby gordon brushed slash. .. since then a buddy gave me his brushless system by traxxas. and i have broke a few pieces and upraged the car a bit. love the slash! they are awesome. i did break my chassis but put a chassis saver on it and now this thing is bomb proof.

how do you put pics up by the way?

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

hope pics work.

Welcome,see you found the slash's best friend,RPM parts.
    I'm sure we'll be talking more in the future.
    Gota love Roby[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by billy-bones; 01-23-2013 at 09:17 PM.
    Built Ford Tuff With Chevy Stuff.

RC Qualifier
    what's up man nice truck I'm also going with the blue theme will be getting a new clear body and painting myself, fairly new to the site also and r/c all together I picked up a 2wd chad hord edition and recently upgraded too the vxl system and 2s lipo so far everything original besides rpm a-arms will be updating with pics as my slash progresses

green is nice too,my green trans is on one of my castle system trucks[IMG][/IMG]

RC Qualifier
    yeah I wanted my first to be a blue/black/white theme and my next truck I was thinking green/black would be nice

I have the green cover,but i haven't installed the painted green pro line suspension[IMG][/IMG] kit yet

RC Qualifier
    is that an aftermarket heatsink, if so did you have to make any cuts or mods to fit it cause I've been looking into heatsinks and I heard for my velineon system their not a direct fit cause the tranny housing is in the way

yes,it took a lot of cutting,and fitting,and that's a castle,the velineons need more work,but are more necessary,the 4 poles run cooler,the velineons are two pole motors

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by XRated View Post
    is that an aftermarket heatsink, if so did you have to make any cuts or mods to fit it cause I've been looking into heatsinks and I heard for my velineon system their not a direct fit cause the tranny housing is in the way
    That heatsink is actually from a Traxxas boat. And yes it was a pain to cut. Hopefully Billy is winning a few races with my old rig......Ha

RC poster
    Thanks. Those cars look awesome! I am new just been reading to most stuff rpm And few items alumiumn. How do you guys like the rpm gear box? Green on you guys looks sick! Hope to learn a bunch from the forum.

Right now its 5 degrees out,the season doesn't start,till mid May,Right now they will only let me run it in full mod class because of the lcg chassis,but a lot of guys are complaining,so we'll see.
    I'll have to take some pic's for yea,about the only thing left unchanged,is the chassis.
    The trans has a flm sealed diff,hardened idler and slipper top gear and shaft,new motor and esc,same heat sink.(I was wondering what you made that from)I have two more 3800kv castle's.
    I'll take pic's or be typing all morning.
    Good to hear from you.hope all is well.
    Thanks again for the truck.
    Quote Originally Posted by jason5641 View Post
    That heatsink is actually from a Traxxas boat. And yes it was a pain to cut. Hopefully Billy is winning a few races with my old rig......Ha

The blue and green ones are both mine,Haven't really got to try them in real out door heat yet.
    Have a couple pro lines,save your money,their now called,not my word,but I agree 100% "bubble gum transmissions".[IMG][/IMG]
    Quote Originally Posted by wakeskaterbs View Post
    Thanks. Those cars look awesome! I am new just been reading to most stuff rpm And few items alumiumn. How do you guys like the rpm gear box? Green on you guys looks sick! Hope to learn a bunch from the forum.