RC Racer

my rear shock oil

so i got a crazy idea for my rear shock oil i like how it reacts to bumps small jumps and rough road

i used singer machine oil stiff enough for minimal squat a little bounce on the rebound but to keep the truck level and very little body roll made for a nice bash session only lasted about 10 minutes though too dang cold outside

I wonder what 'weight' that translates to? What weight did you have in it before and how is it different?
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

RC Racer
    i had 60 and its actually a little stiffer and faster rebound

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by O.G. View Post
    I wonder what 'weight' that translates to? What weight did you have in it before and how is it different?
    that is properly filled and balanced made shure they weighed exactly the same gf got mad i got a little oil on her kitchen scale

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by O.G. View Post
    that is properly filled and balanced made shure they weighed exactly the same gf got mad i got a little oil on her kitchen scale

RC Qualifier
    What he means is the weight rating of the oil. Not the actual weight of the oil.. y'know?

Samsung Epic - Tapatalk 2
    MM|2200kv 2WD LCG Slash - MM2|2650kv LCG Slash 4x4

RC Racer
    yeea i know im mean total weight of the complete assembled shock the oil is runny as **** iuse it for my brushed motors and i love the way the rear responds now

RC Enthusiast
    i use 35 and it works great on my front shocks

RC Racer
    so i got a full bash session in today and the suspension acts very much like a trophy truck very active always have tires in contact with the ground i took .5 in spacer out of the rear and .25 in out of front i had double that for prelaod for jumps in summer nut now it works great

RC Champion
    Almost any oil can be used for shock oil, but the better shock oils have anti foaming agents as well as agents to keep the seals swollen to deture leakage.

Over the years I have even used a couple drops of break fluid in the shock oil to make the seals swell up and stop leaking!!!
    "enjoy your ride"

Dennis

RC Racer
    ill try that when i get new shocks