RC poster

Reasons to get one

I am saving up to get a nitro slash. I have a summit already but I don't drive it because I don't have batteries. Can people give me reasons to buy one? Is it worth it? My summit is worth it but I don't know about this model.

RC Enthusiast
    There is one big reason to get it. Do you want it? If so, buy it. While it could use a few minor upgrades, it drive able as it comes. I haven't finished breaking mine in yet, and I will when it warms up, but I love it so far. My biggest gripe when the Slash came out was that there wasn't one in nitro. The Slayer just wasn't the same. Now, there is, and in going to drive mine until I wear it out, re-build it and drive it some more!

RC poster
    Yes I do want it. I want it badly. Everyday I check on it to see if it is still here (not like it's going anywhere) just to make sure.

RC Enthusiast
    Go for it. I highly recommend it. It's not perfect (what is?), but it's an awesome truck. For under $400 it cannot be beat!

RC Competitor
    Best reason; it's NITRO!
    Summit, Slash 4x4 Platinum, Revo 3.3, T-MaxxPro-15

the biggest reason I would have to get one is that I dont have a nitro, Have been checking out the nitro sport for 2 years,and this chassis base interests me much more than a stadium truck... Not sure I want a 3.3 2wd just to fool around with though... That is a lot of power...
    Sit down, buckle up, hold on, pay me...

RC Qualifier
    Im debating on weather to turn my nitro rustler into a nitro slash. I already have the body and wheels. Like rag said, that 3.3 just seems like too much power for a 2wd, but my rustler is a 2.5R so that will be enough. Decisions, decisions......
    One shot.....One kill, no exceptions

RC Qualifier
    Just get the electric, and get some 3s batteries. If you are itching and scratching and dieing to get into the nitro action, go for it. I didn't like the idea because it's $30 a gallon for nitro fuel and that makes my wallet cry. I wouldn't even be able to put a few runs through it cuz I'd already need more. Electric will cost less (I calculated around $0.08 per run). They don't need tuning (which is HORRIBLE when it's cold outside and you just want to run already), it needs a lot more care, the runtime can be even less than a 5000mah lipo and a lot less than a 8200mah lipo. I have the E-Slash 4x4 and I'm in love. It's much easier to maintain rather than nitro and I would prefer more runtime instead of tuning and a lot of money every run. Nitro costs around $3-$4 per run. Like I said, if you REALLY want a nitro slash, go for it. I have the BEST setup for a slash that will be for 100% bashing for $450 that is better than any RTR you could get for that much. PM me if you are interested ($450 everything is new, custom built and nothing used).

RC Qualifier
    Also, an E-Slash 4x4 is stoopid fast on 3s and if you put 4s, it will blow your socks off, and your neighbours socks off too! haha, but in all seriousness, if you have $700, Mamba Monster with some 6s batteries and you catch flight. Nitro fuel is also really dangerous, and can be flammable easily so keep that in mind. Lipos don't really catch fire unless you make them mad

Quote Originally Posted by vladsly View Post
    Just get the electric, and get some 3s batteries. If you are itching and scratching and dieing to get into the nitro action, go for it. I didn't like the idea because it's $30 a gallon for nitro fuel and that makes my wallet cry. I wouldn't even be able to put a few runs through it cuz I'd already need more. Electric will cost less (I calculated around $0.08 per run). They don't need tuning (which is HORRIBLE when it's cold outside and you just want to run already), it needs a lot more care, the runtime can be even less than a 5000mah lipo and a lot less than a 8200mah lipo. I have the E-Slash 4x4 and I'm in love. It's much easier to maintain rather than nitro and I would prefer more runtime instead of tuning and a lot of money every run. Nitro costs around $3-$4 per run. Like I said, if you REALLY want a nitro slash, go for it. I have the BEST setup for a slash that will be for 100% bashing for $450 that is better than any RTR you could get for that much. PM me if you are interested ($450 everything is new, custom built and nothing used).

There are plenty of us that would prefer to run nitro vs electric. I have both. Sure there's all the arguments that you've mentioned, but it also comes down to the realism of it and we love to tinker with it. I get more compliments from people when I run the nitro. Anyone can plug in a battery and hit an "on" button and go; just like an automatic: select "Drive" and go. But I also love to drive manual transmission cars.

One other thing to comment on: nitro has much more run time than lipo: just fill and go even while the engine is running, no need to wait for a battery to charge or down time to install a fresh battery.

Nitro fuel is dangerous, so is gasoline or any other flammable fluid. Just don't smoke around it or go by an open flame.
    The Super Derecho

RC Qualifier
    Amen brother G
    One shot.....One kill, no exceptions