Thread: Just curious

RC Racer

Just curious

to those that have installed the telemetry stuff on there trucks, I am curious to know what they are getting for results with it , what speeds you getting ?

I have the Temp/Voltage telemetry, it works well but I removed the temp loop as I prefer an IR gun. When the temp loop was installed it was within 2 degrees of my temp gun.
    The RPM sensor will give you a decent rpm reading of the engine …But as far as using it to calculate speed on a nitro 2 speed model, it is not accurate. There are too many variables on a nitro 2 speed and not enough data input for the app to calculate the speed correctly.
    Hopefully Traxxas will come out with the GPS module soon and make a lot of people happy.
    No slipper/tall gearing/power = broken parts.

RC Champion
    I love having a temp reading on my Maxx Brushless. No temp gun, no need to pull the body off. Voltage is nice as well; it gives me a baseline idea for much run time I have left.

As far as speed goes: I can't speak to how accurate it is just yet. My Maxx is waiting for parts right now, but as soon as I get it running again, I'm going to use my Pocket Radar to get an actual speed reading. Hopefully there isn't too much of a discrepancy...
    Make it idiot-proof and along comes a better idiot

Quote Originally Posted by Snook Man View Post
    I have the Temp/Voltage telemetry, it works well but I removed the temp loop as I prefer an IR gun. When the temp loop was installed it was within 2 degrees of my temp gun.
    The RPM sensor will give you a decent rpm reading of the engine …But as far as using it to calculate speed on a nitro 2 speed model, it is not accurate. There are too many variables on a nitro 2 speed and not enough data input for the app to calculate the speed correctly.
    Hopefully Traxxas will come out with the GPS module soon and make a lot of people happy.
    +1 just by having different tires you can and will get different speed results....
    Founder of H.U.A.
    Hop Ups Anonymous

The GPS module is estimated to be available in early February. I would hold off on the rpm sensor if you’re looking for an accurate way to determine top speed and willing to pay the price for the module (aprrox $80.00)
    I have one on back order, and will compare it to a standard GPS when I get it and give a review.
    No slipper/tall gearing/power = broken parts.

RC Champion
    I run Telemetry on my Tmaxx, but I run the Normadio React system which is long discontinued. I use it mostly for temp and rx voltage.. I have hooked up the speed sensor with mixed results.. It uses a hall effect like the traxxas one had, but its just a reading, not the cool digital dashboard display like the traxxas. Honestly its cool to have, but not really necessary with a tmaxx.. Mine set up properly the temps don't fluctuate much so I don't really look at it anymore.. Its much more fun setup on my Rustler running 3S.. Helps with brushless motor temps, makes gearing easier and bragging rights with speed runs.. When Traxxas has the GPS sensor readily available, I will probably get one just because its so cool.
    Maxx3.3/ rusty5700/ slash3800/ slash5700 /4tec3.3

RC poster
    i do u no wat is the best engine 2 put in a traxxas t maxx 2.5 ?

Quote Originally Posted by ashleighsmith123 View Post
    i do u no wat is the best engine 2 put in a traxxas t maxx 2.5 ?
    You already have a thread started with this question, I've moved it to the TMAXX forum where it will be answered there...
    Founder of H.U.A.
    Hop Ups Anonymous

RC poster
    as any 1 got a picco 26 engine for sale ?

RC poster

traxxas

do any 1 have a picco 26 engine for sale ?

RC Champion
    ashleighsmith123 ...quit hijacking threads and double posting. You're not going to ingratiate yourself to anyone.
    Make it idiot-proof and along comes a better idiot

RC Qualifier
    You've already started a thread, no need to hijack someone else's. As far as that, search eBay or the MP on here.

RC poster
    do u no dude

This thread is about the Traxxas Radio Telemetry system and people's experiences with it., You have made multiple threads about the same questions in multiple areas on this forum. Let's keep this thread ON TOPIC.

If you have a question "Related" to the topic feel free to post, otherwise post your question in the proper section of the forum and you only need to post it 1 time.. I will consider multiple posts to be spam from this point on and will be issuing points.... Just to be clear.

NN Nuf said, let's continue with the topic.
    Last edited by Nitronaught; 01-24-2013 at 08:10 AM. Reason: get things on topic.

RC Racer
    hmmm, well sounds as if I through some money away as I bought all these thing but oh well seemed like a cool thing. Thanks for the input.