RC Enthusiast

Rustler will not stay still please help

So my rustler will not stay still in idle and I have done everything, I think. I started from the top, adjusting hsn then went to Lsn then went to idle screw. Rusty would still roll forward without me hitting the trigger. When the card is sitting at idle or brake is applied there is the small space required. I replaced the clutch bell, shoes, and bearings. Even installed a fresh brake. The rustler still will not stay still at all. I have no idea what to do to fix it. Someone please help me...

RC Qualifier
    So even with the brake applied it moves. Sounds like you need to adjust your linkage. Set your trim to the neutral position. Then adjust the collars on the throttle and brake linkage so that there is just a little free play on each one and then see what that does.

sent from my not so smart, smart phone
    T-maxx 3.3
    Rusty 2.5r
    Summit VXL
    Nitro 4-tec

RC Enthusiast
    Thanks for the reply. I adjusted the linkage and made it tighter. It helps a little but, it still won't stay still. At first it is still then slowly it begins to creep forward and if I don't hit the brake at all it keeps speeding up.

RC Qualifier
    Make sure your idle gap is correct. It should be around .7mm, which is the thickness of a paper clip. You may lean on your lsn, or you could have an air leak. With the engine running, spray some wd40 around the base of the carb, and see if it changes the sound of the engine. If it does, you have an air leak.
    T-maxx 3.3
    Rusty 2.5r
    Summit VXL
    Nitro 4-tec

RC Enthusiast
    My gap is correct. I did notice that when I hold the brake the bearings still spin. Does that have to do with the clutch shoes being bad? Also when I lift the back wheels off the ground they speed up like crazy (the brake isn't applied). I thought if there was an air leak the engine wouldn't start at all or be very sluggish. It runs decently enough for off road bashing, I just wish I could get it tuned properly.

Thanks again for your help
    Last edited by ImRustlin; 01-24-2013 at 01:09 PM.

RC Competitor
    Very well could be the clutch.

RC Qualifier
    Double check the clutch shoe spring. Make sure it didn't break or come loose.
    One shot.....One kill, no exceptions

RC poster
    It could be your spring. You need to remove the engine and replace it. I had the same problem with mine. I took mine to my
    hobby store. Its a simple fix. Hope it works