Thread: Newb ?s

RC poster

Newb ?s

Got the E-Revo 1/16 stock. Looking for advise. My son ran it without the cover and the connectors on the motor and ESC have wear holes from flipping it.

If they need to be replaced, what should I go with? Been doing some reading and have some ideas, but want some alternatives.

Main focus is sand/dirt and off-road rally style set-ups, so I need to keep the waterproof aspect intact.

Already planning on upgrading all shocks and struts to aluminum for added strength. Also going to go velcro for holding the body on and getting rid of any "extra" parts not needed for the run to reduce weight.

Which motor/esc, diff, batteries, tires/rims and gearing should I be looking at?

And so I can get out and have some fun between now and when everything is bought/installed, can I heat shrink the connectors to get it up and running again temporarily?

RC Qualifier
    There's a section on the forum for 1/16 erevo's this is the full size erevo section. That being said. I've done the same thing, and just put heat shrink on the wires and had no problems. Put this same post in the 1/16 section and you'll get plenty of info! And welcome to the forum!
    addicted much....

RC Qualifier
    welcome to the forum.i would say yes or you could liquid tape it

RC poster
    Thanks, re-posting on the correct forum.

RC Qualifier
    I used tape that binds together when wrapped
    It's sort of called amalgamating tape and it becomes waterproof