RC Qualifier

Shock, Springs and Oil

I was reading the Traxxas tuning series in the Pit Stop tab and decided to play around with my spring set upso i ordered a few diff colored springs and a few different weights of shock oil for now.

The shock oil is in 2oz bottles. Is that gonna be enough for 4 shocks? I just ordered Traxxas brand springs, are they just as good as the other brands availible. If i were to upgrade shocks what do you all recommend and what brand

Pics,links,brands, part #'s and all feed back welcome
    " You just got passed by a Traxxas"

RC Champion
    i have found that traxxas makes the best for their truck.. upgrade shocks should be the hard coated gtr shocks with TiNi shafts..

the stings that traxxas sells are good also.. a good setup is 50 weight all around with orange and gold springs the stiffest going in the rear... or you can go tan and green.. with tan in the rear and green up front... all on P2 rockers and pushrod lengths
    you know.. i never had a sig.. but i do now...

RC poster
    you can also use the trx damping kit when u rebuild the shocks.tune the shock for on road or off road.i use them w/50wt. losi oil and it made a big difference.and imo the orange.gold springs are the best for off road.

RC Qualifier
    Sweet i did something right for a change. I did order the orange and green springs and Associated 50wt oil, is 1 bottle gonna be enough for 4 shocks?. I decided to wait to upgrade shock till the stock ones break. I already was running the P2 rockers and stock pushrods in the first hole on the A-arm. I bash most of the time and live in the high desert. Theere is a open to the public track here but its poorly maintain and more suited to 1/16. I have a 7500ft mountain in my back yard and endless desert in my front yard. I like bashing on the mountain bike trails up in the hills and the dirt bike tracks in the desert.

Thanks for the feedback.
    " You just got passed by a Traxxas"

Doesn't seem like enough but it will last a while. Make sure there is a hole poked through the top otherwise if you squeeze too hard the top will pop off and you will have shock fluid all over. I probably got about 12 fills because of that.
    The Super Derecho

RC poster
    yes double g been there and done that 1 time.but i only use 1 bottle for all 4 shocks.IMO also you want to change shock oil after every 3-5 times out.the longer you wait the worse the shocks respond.looks like black motor oil if you wait too long.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by madmechanic View Post
    yes double g been there and done that 1 time.but i only use 1 bottle for all 4 shocks.IMO also you want to change shock oil after every 3-5 times out.the longer you wait the worse the shocks respond.looks like black motor oil if you wait too long.
    If you switch to the hard anodized shock bodys you won't need change the oil that often but with the older aluminum ones the oil will get black pretty fast.
    2009 Florida State Monster Truck Champion
    RBMods