Hybrid View

Getting paint off Rims.

We have a sand blast booth at work, and im tempted to take these Rulux rims in and get the remainder of the black off.

Will/could that potentially hurt the rubber? Plenty of life left in the mashers, but the paint is just terrible.
    (bought em with the paint on them)

Its a very fine grain media blast booth, almost a powder.

What do you think? I was just gonna respray them black but it wouldn't last, i would rather just blast them back to yellow. Provided it shouldn't harm the tires.
    (RAH) (AH) + [ROMA (1+MA)] + (GA) + (OOH)(LA)

RC Champion
    I don't think it would. Especially with a fine media like you're talking about.

Sent using 8.4 volts of NiMH power!
    To the men and women of the US military, thank you

RC Champion
    I don't think it would either. You could put like painting tape on the tread and then something stronger over that like duck tape. The painting tapes just to not get goop on the tire.

RC Racer
    just spray oven cleaner on the rims takes paint off good you might have to scrub with a old toothbrush but works fine

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by hemi-75 View Post
    just spray oven cleaner on the rims takes paint off good you might have to scrub with a old toothbrush but works fine
    I did the oven cleaner mod to take the chrome off of my summit wheels and had a pair of pink buggy wheels that I wanted to strip. Easy Off took a day to get the paint off. I just sprayed them half a dozen times over the course of a day.
    ERBE, ERBE, Summit, Slash 4X4, Bandit,