RC Qualifier

kawasaki slash mt build/conversion

this is pretty much your standard mt build. all im waiting on is the arrival of a new hub carrier, and to pick out and purchase a new body, or i might just use the stock trophy truck body.
    parts used for the build:
    • Hpi wheely king tires
    • 1in offset purple alloy wheel hexes
    • mamba monster 2200kv motor
    • mmm esc
    • 3s 25c 5000 mah batterries

i forgot to add the stock emaxx shocks to that list. but that pretty much wraps up the build, as soon as the hub carrier gets in i will start the build and have picture posted up.

question: can i use the stock motor mount that is used for the vxl 3500 on the 2200kv motor? thanks for your time.
    kawasaki summit, revo& slash; regular rusty, pede

RC Racer
    You can use the stock but you will be better off using the king headz... Helps disipate heat and bigger bearing
    Drive it.Break it.ebuild it.

RC Champion
    Use a E-MAXX body, they are the perfect size for the chassis
    Slash 4x4 LCG, Rusty VXL(not runnin), and my bike.

RC Qualifier
    ok, thanks guys

RC Qualifier
    i recieved the hub carriers in the mail today; sadly im not going to start the build tonight, as i just got in from a wrestling meet... anyways tomorrow i will start the build.

RC Qualifier
    got the new rpm hub carrier installed, i have the 4 old tires off, and the rear new emaxx shocks installed, i have the shocks off the front. I would have gotten farther if my allan wrench hadn't snapped... so i was stuck with that really tiny one that hurts your thumbs.... thats all the updates i have as of now, i don't think i will have time to work on it tomorrow due to a wrestling meet.

RC Qualifier
    update:
    all shocks mounted, all hexes and tires swapped, should have the electronics in by tonight

RC Qualifier
    for now i will be using the slash body, as it clears the tires easily; anyways i have the motor and esc mounted, im thinking of how i want to mount the receiver box... i can silicone it to the top of the chassis, i can make my own mounting plate that mounts to the top of the chassis, and mounting it that way... or i can get two longer self tapping screws and screw it straight to the chassis, what do you think?

RC Qualifier
    update: bought some gearing for the slash so i could possibly run it today.

RC Champion
    You should post some pictures.
    ERBE
    Savage Flux XL
    Trail finder 2

RC Qualifier

RC Qualifier

RC Qualifier

i now have a 17t pinion on there, and in that other picture it looks like the motor shaft is hitting the chassis, but it's not

RC Champion
    That looks awesome. Looks like a mud bogger.
    ERBE
    Savage Flux XL
    Trail finder 2

RC Qualifier
    im a tad bit upset, i can't run it until i find a way to mount my reciever, and find away to hold the two 3s batterries, which for the batteries i think velcro is the way to go.

RC Qualifier
    i got a thin piece of metal (thanks to my shop teacher), and i plan on drilling it out so it mounts right at the top of the chassis so i can bolt my reciever up there.

Quote Originally Posted by i killed kenny View Post
    i got a thin piece of metal (thanks to my shop teacher), and i plan on drilling it out so it mounts right at the top of the chassis so i can bolt my reciever up there.
    That's good
    I want to see a video of this thing rippin'
    Slash 2wd, Slash 4x4, 30th digger, Rustler VXL

RC Qualifier
    i'll have to wait for my father to get back in, and then we will cut the metal so that it fits correctly.

RC Qualifier
    got that piece of metal cut, used a wire brush and turned it into a "shinier" piece of metal; then i got some mother's wax and a polish ball- turned into a perfect piece of chrome. I finally got it put back together, and took it for a ride. The thing had sooooo much power it was doing burn outs on the street. I guess the power got to me because i was doing burnouts into wheelies; needless to say i broke a drive shaft. A good friend of mine is hooking me up with a great deal of $10 shipped for 2 ultimate slash driveshafts.

RC Qualifier
    how do you like my "custom" battery strap downs? my reciever mounting plate, i used silicone to seal it to the chassis, i know i could have bolted it to the front, but i wanted to try something new.

RC Qualifier
    Heh, get used to snapping rear drive shafts. I eventually went to rear maxx shafts to eliminate that problem. I ran the wheely king tires for a long time in my sl4sh mt till i went to maxx tires on rpm wheels. The kow body looks good, im debating what one to get next as my el camino body is starting to look long in da tooth, heh.

RC Qualifier
    if you do, use the kow body as a shelf queen body... i regret running mine, but it was my first "go fast" rc and i didnt know any better

RC Qualifier
    anybody gonna comment?... it's getting pretty borring talking to myself here....

Your truck looks great! Instead of making the metal plate, you could've used a rx box from a Stampede. It is a direct bolt on. The metal plate makes your truck original, something no-one else has. If you can swing it, I suggest Mip X-Duty cv axles. That will end your axle breaking. Just use blue loctite on the grub screws to hold them together. I would've also saved that body as they are ahrd to come by but oh well. You have a truck to be proud of!
    Slash Ultimate, ET-3S, 2400, MIP, King Headz, RPM

RC Qualifier
    thanks man, as soon as i run my two new ultimate slash drive shafts and they break, i'll update to mip's then. And i would of saved the body, but it was my first hobby grade rc, so i didn't take good care of it, so it had rust on nearly every screw, but i have replaced quite a bit of screws.

RC Qualifier
    It looks awesome! When are we going to have some running videos of this bad boy?

RC Qualifier
    as soon as new drive shafts come in, and i can get the dang video to upload to youtube...

RC Qualifier
    after that first run i can't wait till the new drive shafts come in..

RC Qualifier
    Ya nice rig. I too was really hard on my first body, good thing it was just a plain jane. Gonna do the scalpel conversion on it soon and use the erbe for offroad. You might think about an alum motor mount and bearing adapter if you don't already have them. Alum pads on your slipper too if you didn't go with the erbe slipper.
    Sl4sh 2650/MM
    Erevo

RC Qualifier
    i havn't done any of those, i dont plan to be too rough on my rig, so i think it will be ok, but i do plan on ordering a platinum bearing kit off ebay

RC Qualifier
    I haven't updated this in awhile, but I've only replaced several drive shafts, it's a very durable truck

RC poster
    That is EXACTLY what I want to do. Could you post more info on the wheel spacers, or a link please?

RC Qualifier
    sure, i'll send ya a ebay link to the spacers I had, except I had to drill the part that holds the pin that goes through the axel a tad bit larger

RC Qualifier
    I've successfully shredded three of the rear driveshafts. I plan on doing a all out snow run soon, so if anyone would like to see i'll go ahead and go through the trouble of taking and uploading a video.

Can't you just upgrade the driveshafts?!? Nice MT Slash!
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

RC Qualifier
    I could, but for as little as I drive it, why spend the money on un-needed parts? I've only shredded 3 stock ones in a matter of 3 years. Two of which were on the slash for several more years before the conversion, and thanks buddy.

RC Racer
    very nice! post a video for sure in the snow!!

Im interested in doing something similar to this but not as extreme. got a link to parts list to everything you needed to do this? What I wanna do is run larger tires, but I want it to be stable and not roll over as in stock form now it tends to tip and roll when going moderately quick and trying to do turns/drifts

RC Qualifier
    I bought hex adaptors that were 3/4" offset so the tires have a wider stance. I don't think I've ever rolled it with the wider tires/ hex's. The hex I bought are the hpi purple alloy ones that go specifically to that rim/tire combo. When I purchased the hex adaptor package they were $35.oo plus shipping, the last time I looked them up they were up to $46.00 plus shipping. So you might want to go a different route as far as the hexes go.