Thread: Servo jitters

RC Champion

Servo jitters

I just had to swap out a servo in my 2.5. Burnt out the reverse servo due to water So I got the same water proof steering servo that is in my summit. Put that in place of the steering servo. Swaped the steering to the throttle and throttle to the reverse. Sealed up the old ones to make them a little more waterproof. Now when I first start it the throttle has the jitters and likes to go full throttle unless I keep the breaks applied. Once the engine warms up everything is fine? I can let it sit their and idle forever and it won't rev up. Never did this before even with cooked servo.

RC Qualifier
    I would move the servo to another spot in the reciever and see if the problem follows. If it stays on the throttle it is either the rec, or trx. I had a reciever go dead a couple of weeks ago. Took my max down the street, and went to turn around, and it justed kept going in a circle a little above idle. I have a throttle return spring, that did not return to idle. Thankfully it was not going wide open when the rec died.
    T-maxx 3.3
    Rusty 2.5r
    Summit VXL
    Nitro 4-tec

RC Champion
    Crap. Not what I wanted to hear. Spent enough money lately on the hobby. Guess ill start pricing a 3 chan setup until I get a chance to test. Found it strange that it only did it while motor was cold. Ran 2 tanks through with no issue and even let it idle for 5 min during that time no issue

RC Qualifier
    I would still move that servo around. It may just be a bad servo

sent from my not so smart, smart phone
    T-maxx 3.3
    Rusty 2.5r
    Summit VXL
    Nitro 4-tec

RC Qualifier
    Yeah, unplug the servo from the receiver and plug it in the slot for steering and turn everything on and turn the wheels and see if the servo works normally. If it doesn't, then its the servo, because you know that the steering servo worked fine in that slot.