RC Competitor

I think a hold the highest temp record. Lol

I was running my emaxx yesterday at our local track. After a 30 min or so run it just stop in the middle of the track. I thought the batteries died. When I took of the body there was smoke coming from the motor. My gearing is 17t pinion and 68t spur. The motor was a feigao 2300kv. I had a 2650kv castle with the same gearing and it never even got warm. The temp my on board gauge said 279.8 my infrared temp gun said 282 at the rear. That's crazy. I touched the motor before I checked the temp and I no longer have finger prints. Lol

Nope. I hold the record. I've gotten my nitro WAY past 300 before. JK. Is the motor ok?
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

RC Competitor
    Oh no. That thing is toast. It cogs really bad.

Ouch. Sorry to hear, that sucks. I wonder what it looks like inside...
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

i think electric motor you may hold the record. your gearing was about right but what lipo were you running like 4s or 6s? if running 6s then i can see why it got hot like that but 279 is crazy. the quality of the motor may not be up to the abuse what you did.
    DEU 8:18 ESV

RC Competitor
    I was running 4s 5000mah. I didn't bother checking the temp cause that was a good gearing for my castle. I didn't think it was going to get that hot. I just tuned it on and it ran for like 2 min and it got up to 230.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    My neu 1110 1/y could handle 300 with ease!
    But most motors are toast over 200. That's a bummer

RC Qualifier
    after reading all that all i remember is that you dont have fingerprints anymore
    EMBE
    Jato 3.3
    T-Maxx 2.5

then that motor is very cheap for to get that hot with only 4s. 2mins is fast for 230F. that is funny about the finger prints lol. I almost did that with a nitro motor i was working on for a friend he didnt clean it and had it running too lean must have been in the mid 300's.
    DEU 8:18 ESV

RC Champion
    Hibernating in my basement, trying to see just how many RC projects i can work on at one time!!
    I had sidewinder 5700 motor hit 206F one time. We were blasting around around an oval track at my buddies place on a hot summer day. The motor also has all the end screws ripped through the can from using it on my slash for a bit without a wheelie bar. My own fault. I put it on there to rip past them on the straights. Not enough torque for that heavy of a truck. The motor is now held together with gorilla tape! Still works well. Hard to believe.....
    Slash BL-Pede-E 4Tec-FLM EMAXX-Wraith-AX-10-SCX-10

Quote Originally Posted by Pitola23 View Post
    ...I no longer have finger prints. Lol

I did that on a Castle motor back in the day. It was interesting to see the contrast of the burnt skin on the dark green can. No dusting for fingerprints was needed. Motor was 275F that day but ESC was 285F.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =