RC Qualifier

can't get my revo to start....need help.

I finally got some nitro to try and start my revo i bought used. It sounds like it wants to but won't. I got a little frustrated and quit. And now i think i need a new receiver battery cuz it wont turn on and i just charged it. I might just take it into my LHS but i kinda wanted to learn on my own how to fix things. What should i do?

You bought it used so there is a very good chance that it has sat for a while and has been neglected. If I bought used I would do a complete rebuild so that I know every part works and is ready to bash. You may need a new battery pack but try to bypass the switch and see if the rx powers up. If not then you know where that issue lies. The engine, carb and tank may need to be cleaned out so it would be best to do that. Then return the carb to factory settings. Figure out what model Revo you have and download the manual and exploded views through the Support tab above. Read the manual and don't be afraid to turn a screwdriver and wrench. Nothing will spring out at you where you won't be able to get it back in to the original position.
    The Super Derecho

RC Qualifier
    Thanks DoubleG! Ive been wanting to change things over to the new 3.3 specs so i guess now is a good time to tare it apart and start. Thought i would be able to get a few runs in before it did but doesn't look that way. Well its good that a bought a merv to hold me off til my big revo is ready to bash.