Thread: Light bar

RC Racer

Question Light bar

I have the 1/16 summit brushed. I was looking to put a light bar on. I am a little confused about where that plugs in to the reciever box. How do i do it?

Thanks.

RC Champion
    I haven't done any car lighting...but with my R/C planes, all I have to do is plug the LED wire into any open channel on the receiver.
    Make it idiot-proof and along comes a better idiot

RC Racer
    so it doesn't matter which channel? Thats the only reason i haven't done it yet.

RC Champion
    There should be voltage coming from every open channel. You're not going to ruin anything; just plug her in!
    Make it idiot-proof and along comes a better idiot

RC Champion
    What light bar are you using?
    Or did you mod the factory bar?
    I know Traxxas hasn't ever released the correct light kits for the 1/16 Summit...
    But also know that the full size Summit kit will work for the front and you can use the Grave digger headlight kit for the back bumper.
    I'm sure you could use the full size light bar kit for the mini Summit and just use the Leds in a modified factory light bar.
    --
    "Dude,I almost had you"
    R.I.P Paul Walker

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    There are light bars out there that will work. Integy (gasp) makes one out of plastic that would fit perfectly for $10 and it includes the 4 LEDs. I modified the factory light bar and installed 4 LEDs into it. Worked fine but didnt look as good as a proper light bar with proper light buckets.

All RX's have a spare channel labled BATT or AUX... plug into this channel. You CAN plug into any open channel but the BATT/Aux channel is the best choice.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Racer
    Any Links?