Thread: upgrade time

RC Competitor

Lightbulb upgrade time

Just got my Kershaw order. in the process of tearing down and cleaning to put in my dual 14.4s. Kit looks good ill post some pics and my thoughts soon.
    Its a Summit thing, you wouldn't understand.

RC Competitor
    Well its in, the install was really pretty easy. Running the suggested 21 tooth pinions and even in the cold and two fan my esc got pretty warm but never went into thermal. Speed from my app on my phone says top speed was 29 which is pretty decent. I love that its still very precise when crawling and still totally water proof. I plan on putting in a second esc and running two set of batteries and running 28 tooth pinions and maybe dropping the spur some as well. I'll post pics as soon as i can figure out how to post them from my phone.

RC Racer
    Id run the single esc. At this point your truck is heavy, adding two more batteries would a lot of extra weight.

I love KD designs. The motor plate system he sells for the summit pretty much allows you to put what ever motor you would like on your summit.

Id love to see pictures

Im currently using an 18v dewalt on 6s with 48t pinion and 52t spur. Just need to wait on some set screws to come im the ail before i test it out.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

RC Competitor
    Where did you find 48t pinions? Biggest i could find is 31. I'll post pics tonight after work.

RC Competitor
    Pics as promised

RC Competitor
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

RC Competitor
    Can't figure out why pics don't show up?

RC Competitor
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

RC Competitor
    That's better, I did the same thing three times and it only worked once. Anyways its a little crude right at the moment but it works. When I get some more time I will definetly clean it up and do something about all the wires all over the place. I wasn't going to run the second ESC but with 28t pinions it gets too hot for my liking. I'll hook it up and see how I like it if not I'll just go back to 21t pinions I would like to see what kind of speed I get first.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by wheeler313 View Post
    Where did you find 48t pinions? Biggest i could find is 31. I'll post pics tonight after work.
    Google SDP-SI, and go to the metric gear system. You will hace to drill and retap the set screw. The stock set screw is smaller than .05 metric!!! I just used a 4mm drill And tap. You can get a 40t pinion using a the stock kd motor plate. Its pretty easy to drill out the arc longer too.

RC Racer
    The truck looks great BTW! I wonder if a MMM esc can tske the amp load of two dewalts better. With the water proof esc on the way, its valid choice!