Thread: Dream vacation

RC Champion

Dream vacation

My dream vacation would be going to right where I live..... I love it here in Utah. There's so many places to go and things to do. Me and my dad have some atvs that we like to take out riding every once in a while. With my family I have been to Arches National Park, Zion's National Park, Mesa Verde, Four corners, Capital Reef, Bridges National Park, Canyonlands,Dead Horse Point, Goblin Valley, etc. pretty much every where in Utah. Some of these amazing places more than once. My favorite would probably be either when I hiked ~12 miles down the narrows in Zion's or the Subway in Zion's. I love it here. I'm never going to leave!!!

What's your dream vacation spot?

RC Champion
    Alaska. Always wanted to go there, not sure I ever will...
    Make it idiot-proof and along comes a better idiot

RC Qualifier
    Disney World and then a 14 day Disney cruise.
    And there he goes with the carbon...

RC Enthusiast
    Any cruise where the ship doesn't sink.
    "Bagginses? What is a Bagginses?"

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MooseSlash View Post
    Disney World and then a 14 day Disney cruise.
    i'm with you man, although we have disney pass but, nothing like cruising with disney cruise ship
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC | BackSl4sh Roadrunner |

RC Champion
    Hibernating in my basement, trying to see just how many RC projects i can work on at one time!!
    We love Disney World. My wife and I have been there dozens of times. We've owned timeshares at the Boardwalk, Old Key West, and now own some at Animal Kingdom Lodge. You just can't beat their service! I highly recommend a ride around their track in a Nascar and doing the offroad Segway tour. Both were a blast! If you are of age, the best time to go is for the Food and Wine festival. Epcot adds like ten more countries with their best foods and beverages. Their cruises are great, too. The Gatlinburg area in the Smokies is a nice relaxing time, also. We did our fifteenth wedding anniversary there. Bike week in Daytona is pretty, cool, too. Nothing like going to multiple motorcycle events every day for a week if you're into that. I'd like to see Alaska and Hawaii, too. You might say we like to travel. One summer we went to around a dozen different amusement parks all over the east and camped out of a tent.
    Slash BL-Pede-E 4Tec-FLM EMAXX-Wraith-AX-10-SCX-10

RC Qualifier
    Me, my wife, and my son are all going to Disney is march. My boy is super excited. Just wish they had a Disney hobby shop.
    One shot.....One kill, no exceptions

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bloody wheels View Post
    Me, my wife, and my son are all going to Disney is march. My boy is super excited. Just wish they had a Disney hobby shop.
    they do, its called "Luigi's Garage" LOL.
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC | BackSl4sh Roadrunner |

RC Champion
    Hibernating in my basement, trying to see just how many RC projects i can work on at one time!!
    Quote Originally Posted by bloody wheels View Post
    At Downtown Disney, there is a section inside of the Team Mickey store called Ridemakerz. It's basically Dept. Store cheapie rc cars that allow for accessories to be bolted on by the kids. Overpriced junk, but the younger ones like them. They did have a giant store all their own, but they have downsized.
    If you go to Epcot, check out the large store in Japan. They have rc and model cars in there. If you're planning on running around the Orlando area, check out Central Florida Hobbies. Decent shop, and they carry Traxxas!
    Slash BL-Pede-E 4Tec-FLM EMAXX-Wraith-AX-10-SCX-10

RC Racer
    Snowboarding for a week in Colorado. I've been to Colorado once (I'm in North Carolina) and I loved it, it was my favorite vacation ever. I'm 17 years old and have been to every state but 2 (Alaska and Hawaii) Colorado has been my favorite and I want to live/go to college out there!

dream vacation would be away from our neighbors upstairs
    DEU 8:18 ESV

RC poster
    ugh.. disney is so overrated UNLESS your staying in the animal kingdom, or have a kid.. we went and were bored out of our minds. we both wished we would of spent the money on universal.. but non the less.. Im about to take my dream vacation, Going to korea in october, but im taking military hops to get there so i have lay overs at each spot. my second to last layover will be in hawaii, for 2-5 days. during which im going to be finding a beach and camping it up. after that i have a stop most likely in japan for a day or two. not sure where im going to stay there. then korea for a week to see the old lady and watch the F1 race, then on the way home. On the way home though im hoping a different route, and going first singapore, then australia, then back to hawaii, then back to the mainland.

all in all it could take anywhere from 2-5 weeks, depending on the military priority passengers, but either way, im gonna be loving every minute of it! i plan on trying to do a minimalist vacation. im going to take enough money to buy what ever i need, or get a flight back if i have too BUT im going to try and do it with just the clothes on my back, a duffel bag, and maybe a 20 dollar bicycle if i can buy/rent one at each stop. but when i get to japan and australia im definitly going to be taking trains to places i want to see.

...yeah.. i know ur jealous HAH!!

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Ewright1096 View Post
    Snowboarding for a week in Colorado. I've been to Colorado once (I'm in North Carolina) and I loved it, it was my favorite vacation ever. I'm 17 years old and have been to every state but 2 (Alaska and Hawaii) Colorado has been my favorite and I want to live/go to college out there!
    What do you mean snowboarding in Colorado? Why wouldn't you come to Utah? We have the greatest snow on earth!! I love to snowboard too. Haven't been outside Utah to go snowboarding but I want to sometime.

That's awesome that you have been so many places though. I wish I could travel that much. I've only been to 8 different states.

RC Racer
    I guess I really hang thought of Utah, one I my cousins owns a place up on Copper Mountain with some friends so I always thought I would go there and hang out with him! I shall look into Utah, for colleges and what not

RC Champion
    Haha yeah I love this place. They have some pretty good colleges too. I plan on going to University of Utah.

RC Racer
    I just spent about 45 minutes on their website.... Looks like a pretty good engineering school. I plan on majoring in mechanical engineering. So far it's cheap and has a good national ranking. I would love to go to Colorado at Boulder... But it's $42,000 for out of state, and honestly who has that kind of money?!

RC Champion
    Hey no way!! I plan on being a mechanical engineer too. I can't wait to get to college and start working towards a career. And a bonus is that I want to minor in nursing/anything medical and well it's a great school for nursing/anything medical too.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Ewright1096 View Post
    I just spent about 45 minutes on their website.... Looks like a pretty good engineering school. I plan on majoring in mechanical engineering. So far it's cheap and has a good national ranking. I would love to go to Colorado at Boulder... But it's $42,000 for out of state, and honestly who has that kind of money?!
    texas a&m .. and in texas i think its only 6 month residency to qualify for instate.. either way.. get a full ride and your golden! scholarships are great!

RC Champion
    Hey MX Designs welcome to the forums!! you will soon learn that everyone here is very helpful and friendly. Don't be afraid to ask for help. There will always be someone to help.

I know I think my only chance for college is getting a scholarship. Hopefully a full ride.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by MAXXXMASHER View Post
    At Downtown Disney, there is a section inside of the Team Mickey store called Ridemakerz. It's basically Dept. Store cheapie rc cars that allow for accessories to be bolted on by the kids. Overpriced junk, but the younger ones like them. They did have a giant store all their own, but they have downsized.
    If you go to Epcot, check out the large store in Japan. They have rc and model cars in there. If you're planning on running around the Orlando area, check out Central Florida Hobbies. Decent shop, and they carry Traxxas!
    We need Traxxas! HPI! Losi! Traxxas!
    And there he goes with the carbon...

RC Racer
    Bash'n'Slash, I just hope I can get the money to get out there! I love the snow and mountains and where UofU sits in Salt Lake City right below the mountains. Going to apply for as many scholarships as possible, I have a 4.75 gpa weighted so I should be able to get some money!

And no way man! Texas is too dang hot!

RC Racer
    anywhere there's sand dunes. I'm from the east coast and have my 450 set up for xc riding but to put a set of paddles on the quad and throw some shadow-casting roost would be sick. Don't matter if its pismo, coral pink, or Winchester bay. Just wanna ride in the sand!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I927 using Tapatalk 2

RC Champion
    Oh wow that's way good! I'm not quit that good of a student but still mange a 3.8. Yeah it's a little expensive but with those grades you should get a scholarship for sure.

RC Qualifier
    Hmmm, nobody wants to go see where all of our beloved Traxxas vehicles are made?
    Who needs nitro, when you got LiPo?

RC Champion
    That's a good point. I wouldn't mind doing that. Or I could go to a torc race.

RC Racer
    I go to my dream vacation spot every weekend in the summer, right in front of the cabin, my family has been there since 1954, thats Dads boat with the flames, my father in laws pontoon boat and my boat on the far side, no place I'd rather be!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Snowmobiling for two weeks straight in Ontario and Quebec.

RC Racer
    I'm in Hawaii so I like to go snowboarding for vacations. I've always wanted to go to someplace international or a long cruise. I don't count Iraq lol