RC Enthusiast

Phaltlines on the 3908

Guys I bought a set of the HPI Phaltlines mounted on Blast Chrome Wheels. I have some flat spots in the factory wheels and the truck was hopping all over so I went to Sears this morning and purchased a thin wall socket and did the swap. All I can say is what a difference. The Phaltlines dont grab as much as the stock tires, but they drive and handle so much better on pavement. The truck doesnt want to flip over as easily while in a high speed maneuver. It turns on a dime, and accelerates like a bandit. I wish Traxxas would consider making a set of street tires for the Maxx's. The Phaltlines are in my opinion a 9 out of 10

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    They are the hot setup for the street!

RC Champion
    Hibernating in my basement, trying to see just how many RC projects i can work on at one time!!
    I gotta get a set of those. I like running my Maxx on the street from time to time and I hate tearing up my dirt tires.
    Slash BL-Pede-E 4Tec-FLM EMAXX-Wraith-AX-10-SCX-10

RC Enthusiast
    I love them the more I drive them. I pretty much broke them in and they are my favorite so far. They corner well, slide well when I lock the brakes up and I like the way they fishtail out of a turn when I nail it. Just a cool tire for those who run their trucks on pavement or blacktop.
    Last edited by Traxxed-3906; 01-22-2013 at 08:21 PM.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I run my merv on the street more then my maxx but down the road would like to get a set

RC Racer
    Does the traxxas wheel nut driver fit inside the hpi rim. I heard the space around the wheel nut is to small.
    ERBE/JATO 3.3

RC Competitor
    I just picked up a set off ebay. They should be here today. I have a new spur & pinion coming, to go with the on road set up too.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2
    Don't try this at home!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    They are about 5.5" tall so make sure you run taller gearing!

RC Enthusiast
    You will need a thin wall socket to do the swap.

RC Qualifier
    there not on my maxx but they are awesome tires

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleEagle View Post
    Does the traxxas wheel nut driver fit inside the hpi rim. I heard the space around the wheel nut is to small.
    no. you have to use a 17mm socket.

i do too like my phaltline tires on black blast wheels
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC |

RC Champion
    Phaltlines are awesome tires. I have a set for my embe and a set for my d8t and absolutely love them!

Pro-2 SCB 2xSuperMaxx Revo-E G-Slayer

RC Qualifier
    i put phaltlines on my emaxx from the first day i got it and love them. i blew and tore a tire off the other day so i put the stocks back on. oh man what a difference and the difference was not good. the stock tires are so much grippier so the truck would not corner without flipping and when i hit the throttle it had so much torque i blew out my rear diff. i can see where the stocks tires are good for dirt and terrain but they are a definite no no for the pavement

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by humayrayakongkinaon View Post
    no. you have to use a 17mm socket.

i do too like my phaltline tires on black blast wheels

If I would have seen the Black, I would have jumped on that! Do you have a part number or did you paint them?

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by 50togo View Post
    They are the hot setup for the street!

You can hear the difference in less resistance from the Phaltlines to the stock grips when running on the street. The Phaltlines are much more quieter! Also I would say its less work on the batteries and motor to get them turning.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleEagle View Post
    I picked this up at my LHS and it works great!
    Don't try this at home!

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Traxxed-3906 View Post
    If I would have seen the Black, I would have jumped on that! Do you have a part number or did you paint them?
    they dont sell preglued on black wheels....i bought mine separately...taped the inside of the tires too.
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC |

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Tried them once, they drift too much for my taste... I stick to the stock ERBE wheels...
    200, 202, 420, humor 404, 301 to rc10talk, 410.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by danielhr77 View Post
    Tried them once, they drift too much for my taste... I stick to the stock ERBE wheels...

Yes they do drift, and compared to the stock wheels biting and causing the E-Maxx to flip, I rather drift out of an almost flip then grab, bite, and roll.... The stocks are great for the grass and the dirt though!