RC Qualifier

Broken Mip stub axle

I broke a Mip stub axle today. Does anyone have Mip Matts email so I can talk with him about getting new ones? Thanks in advance
    Sl4sh 2650/MM
    Erevo

I believe it os matt@miponline.com Matt is a great guy! He will take good care of you!
    Slash Ultimate, ET-3S, 2400, MIP, King Headz, RPM

RC Qualifier
    Thanks El Sob, I'm sure he will. I have heard nothing but good things about their customer service.
    Sl4sh 2650/MM
    Erevo

Quote Originally Posted by RockchalkJayhawkz View Post
    Thanks El Sob, I'm sure he will. I have heard nothing but good things about their customer service.
    Their customer service is well above average! They take very good care of their customers. Mip is an excellent compan that stands behind their products.

RC Qualifier
    Well I have to say so far I am not that impressed with the customer service. I contacted matt and it turns out I have the old style stubs. He said he would give me 50% off all new stubs and new 17mm adapters. I replied the next day to let him know I wanted to do that and haven't heard back for 4 days now.
    Sl4sh 2650/MM
    Erevo

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    I'd email him back. The email could have gotten deleted by accident or forgot to respond. I'd reply back to him and see what his conclusion was. I'm sure it's logical.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Qualifier
    I have emailed him once a day since. So I'm not sure what happened. I won't write them off I know life gets busy at times. I'm just anxious to get my rig going again.
    Sl4sh 2650/MM
    Erevo

RC Qualifier
    Matt will come through it just takes a long time. I broke a few axles and had to message him like 4-5 times before be got back with me on several occasions. But he did get back with me. Try to leave leave him a phone message

RC Qualifier
    Might give that a try come monday.
    Sl4sh 2650/MM
    Erevo

RC Champion
    Thats not a very good response time, busy or not. I certainly dont call that good customer service. One of my clients calls and I have 4 hours to have my butt at their facility 24x7x365. Nothing like a 2am call and have to be 150 miles away in less than 4 hours.

Well I have to say so far I am not that impressed with the customer service. I contacted matt and it turns out I have the old style stubs. He said he would give me 50% off all new stubs and new 17mm adapters. I replied the next day to let him know I wanted to do that and haven't heard back for 4 days now.
    Give him a call back. E-mail can get lost. Voice to voice contact is always best. He has done me well the time I dealt with him.

RC Qualifier
    when i broke mine, turned out i had the old ones also. he gave me 50% off also and i got 2 for the price of 1. i should have got the 17mm adapters while i had the 50% off LOL
    Racing in the Past, Present, and Future...MAYBE

RC Qualifier
    Well I am real close to writing off their customer service all together. I have left an email a day for a week and a half and left a phone message yesterday with no response. Has me thinking of just getting some tekno's.
    Sl4sh 2650/MM
    Erevo

RC Qualifier
    I would be really bummed too! I just bought some and I sure hope I don't have to go the same bs. The front set I just bought was the old style but new to me, and i didnt know untill after i installed them, so if I broke one tomorrow I would still pay half even though they are two weeks old. I'm really wishing I went tekno, the ratio of mip problems to tekno on this forum is at least 2 to one.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by SlashandBurn View Post
    I would be really bummed too! I just bought some and I sure hope I don't have to go the same bs. The front set I just bought was the old style but new to me, and i didnt know untill after i installed them, so if I broke one tomorrow I would still pay half even though they are two weeks old. I'm really wishing I went tekno, the ratio of mip problems to tekno on this forum is at least 2 to one.
    The ration of the problem might be 2 to 1 but I bet the ownership is 10 to 1 so naturally if there's more ownership then there will be more problems. I have MIPS on 10 of my trucks and the only problem I had was I broke an old pin style axle but I was running 17mm adapters with a 2200kv on 6s. On the other side I have a set of teknos on a slash and have no problems with them either

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by SlashandBurn View Post
    The front set I just bought was the old style but new to me, and i didnt know untill after i installed them.
    Thats cool, Where did you buy them from? Hopefully they have more of the old style.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by lowsaturn View Post
    Thats cool, Where did you buy them from? Hopefully they have more of the old style.
    Mip no longer stocks or makes the old style. The best place you can find the pin style is eBay

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by paulfromtulsa View Post
    Mip no longer stocks or makes the old style. The best place you can find the pin style is eBay
    I've actually found close to 30 sets (front/rear) from ebay/amazon sellers. And I've purchased all I can find, but I'm always looking for more. I've spent quite a bit of time sending messages to sellers asking weather the axles pictured in their ads were indeed the ones they were selling. Most had no idea they were selling the new design, but pictured the old design.

Funny how MIP doesnt want to make the old design, but of all the sets I've purchased, I'm keeping five and the rest are spoken for by people who would rather have the pinned design.

RC Qualifier
    Finally got a email back today. The sales dept. is supposed to send me the payment info then be in the mail. Took a while but they did take care of me.
    Sl4sh 2650/MM
    Erevo

RC Champion
    You can count on MipMatt to take care of you. He took care of me. They stand behind thier product 100%,
    Thrash It, Bash it, Break it, No Regrets!!!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by lowsaturn View Post
    is the pin style better, what is the reason they are wanted more than the new style? Hobby people by my house had at least6 sets of the pin style

RC Qualifier
    I'm not real sure about why people would want the old style over the new. I know the new style is supposed to be 4 times stronger. They might not be able to use their 17mm adapters with the new style though. Matt did tell me that the old 17mm adapters wouldn't work with the new stubs.
    Sl4sh 2650/MM
    Erevo

RC Qualifier
    I recieved my stub axles and 17mm adapters in the mail saturday. I guess I already had the newer version of the adapters. Plus they sent me 2 sets lol. So now I have 2 sets of 17mm adapters still in package. Took a while to get it but they did take care of my issue.
    Sl4sh 2650/MM
    Erevo

RC Champion
    I recieved my stub axles and 17mm adapters in the mail saturday. I guess I already had the newer version of the adapters. Plus they sent me 2 sets lol. So now I have 2 sets of 17mm adapters still in package. Took a while to get it but they did take care of my issue.
    Looks like they took care of you then I hope. Always great to hear companies taking care of thier customers. Too many don't
    Thrash It, Bash it, Break it, No Regrets!!!