RC Qualifier

First time at a track

So a worker from my LHS invited me to a track today not to far from where I live so I decided to go pretty fun, think I'm going to get more into racing now instead of bashing, got to run my nimh then ran 1 charge of my lipo and then noticed my rear skid plate broke so I was done for the day

RC Champion
    Good for you. Still a little nervous to try the race thing...
    Make it idiot-proof and along comes a better idiot

RC Qualifier
    yea I have stock tires which barely have tread on the back and fronts are pretty bald but it's fun, it was a backyard track so it was free and we were just practicing

RC Qualifier
    Nice! Was it Mike's track in wine country? I'm headed out there next weekend.
    I Wanna Go Fast!

RC Qualifier
    yea it was, I'll be there next weekend too, I'm going to the LHS tomorrow or tues. to pick up a skid plate hopefully they have em in stock and I'm going to at least get the trenchers for the rear for now so I could get some traction, I was trying to clear that big jump but not enough traction to get the speed
    Last edited by XRated; 02-10-2013 at 07:31 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Saweet! If they don't have the rear skid I have a spare for you. I was out there last weekend and some of the guys were talking about getting trenchers. Did anybody have them? I picked up some Gladiators that I'm gonna run. I can't wait to check out his bigger track. Big fun, huh?
    I Wanna Go Fast!

RC Qualifier
    yea alright man I'll let you know if they don't have em in stock, yea some1 had trenchers and I was also suggested to get em someone else was trying out some paddles as well and calibers, I don't know how the track is when it's dry it was pretty damp from the rain maybe that's why I had a little better traction haha, yea it was fun man it's cool to do the hobby w/ other people rather then being by myself even though I felt like a noob but it's cool nice track I like the set up and their working on linking another section to it

RC Qualifier
    It had some dry spots last weekend so paddles wouldn't have been overkill. I was using 1.9 Axial Ripsaws and they worked great, but I kept losing the bead because they pancaked so much on 3s. A bunch of my crawler buddies are talking about going out so it should be a good crowd.
    I Wanna Go Fast!

RC Qualifier
    yea derek the 1 from my LHS ran a 3s and was flying over that gap he ended up breaking a rear arm after I don't know how many times haha but cool man hope to meet some new people again next weekend

RC Qualifier
    I've known Derrick for a few years from the shop but have never had the opportunity to run with him. He's good peeps. Was he running a Revo?
    I Wanna Go Fast!

RC Qualifier
    yea I don't know him like that but he's the 1 who sold me my slash and some other parts at the shop he helps out a lot, I believe he was running a slash not sure 2wd or 4x4 if it was a slash he had a bug body on it

RC Qualifier
    Goin to a track is much more enjoyable for me. Kind of gives you something to work for and more people is more fun. Calibers do good on loose tracks I run on a big hard packed track with loose dirt on top and calibers do a pretty good job on it.

RC Qualifier
    yea it was getting boring just me at a local bashing spot haha but going today and meeting new people was cool, I'll most likely be going w/ trenchers for my first tire but I'm on a budget right now so probably just going to get 2 for the rear and just leave my stocks on the front

RC Qualifier
    Racing is addicting! You also break far more parts learning to get good then bashing I think. Either way its a ton of fun racing with people then bashing alone that's why I stopped bashing and decided to just race once a week. I just picked up a sc10 for 100 its just a roller with a sensored motor.
    2wd slash, PL LCG, CC 3800, Powerstrokes, S6040

RC Qualifier
    yea it is, but I think I'd break less parts racing seeing that when I bash I'm trying to jump over 6ft in the air

You'll break two parts racing for every one part bashing.
    Real racing is hard on a truck. And when you get better,you will land that 6 foot jump so smooth,you wont believe it.
    Then when you get into serious racing,and winning gets more important,and you have to decide win,and fry a motor,and or esc,or lose.
    You'll be buying a new motor and esc.
    Why do you think I have three cc3800,and three velineons,If I fry a system,I can still make the next race.
    Quote Originally Posted by XRated View Post
    yea it is, but I think I'd break less parts racing seeing that when I bash I'm trying to jump over 6ft in the air
    Built Ford Tuff With Chevy Stuff.

RC Qualifier
    didn't think of it like that, how long does a real race usually last???

It all depends on the class and other things,the main is usually about 10 minutes.
    Just have fun with your friends,for now ,and learn.That's how I started.
    It's awesome,i have heard you go from buying your first rc to racing,in less than two months.
    Quote Originally Posted by XRated View Post
    didn't think of it like that, how long does a real race usually last???
    Built Ford Tuff With Chevy Stuff.

RC Qualifier
    I got another motor as well and esc and I picked up another truck all for racing. I buy parts I know ill break in my spare parts box if and when I need them ill have them. I race every week and the time like billy says depends... Once you get good at racing you will break less parts but have fun and practice. I practiced at least 8-10 packs at my track before I signed up for my first race and within that day of practice I broke a good amount of parts that I'm no longer breaking now. Just have fun. Everything else comes second.
    2wd slash, PL LCG, CC 3800, Powerstrokes, S6040

RC Qualifier
    yea I don't plan on getting into a real race till I know my truck better and learn more about setting up for racing for now I'm just going to have fun and keep learing

RC Qualifier
    Mike's track is relatively safe too. Good to learn on. Loose so you'll have trouble keeping it straight, but that will also keep the speed down and soften the landings. No walls to plow into, either.
    I Wanna Go Fast!

RC Qualifier
    yea I like his track set up, nice how he has the hill right there so you could get a pretty good view