Hybrid View

RC Racer

Uh oh, I did it again

Last night I ordered a summit Vxl, I'm very excited , however I didn't mention it to my wife yet . It's usually not a problem (with her that is) cuz I clearly have a problem. This is my fourth new RC in the last 2 months. Hi my name is Dave and I am an RC ADDICT. I don't plan on telling my wife until ups drops off a package.
    Wife says I have too may RC's I disagree!!

RC Champion
    "Hi, Dave!"
    Make it idiot-proof and along comes a better idiot

RC Qualifier
    Lol! You need to speak to the founder of H.U.A. "Hop ups anonymous" Nitronaught. I'm sure he'll give you the help you need. Lol

RC Racer
    Are there meetings that I can attend for this? Lol

RC Racer
    I just so happened to be in my garage when the ups guy came I opened the box got rid of the boxes and hid the car in one of my cabinets. I didn't think it was a good day to tell her

RC Qualifier
    Hahaha Thats Awesome.. Shes Gunna be like '' JIMMY YOU DID WHAT.. i bought a mini Summit OMG i can't believe you... Did you at least..umm you know.. Get me one ................. No OMG I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS ANYMORE IM DONE... K well...im going to go take it for a drive .... can i come Sure...

RC Racer
    Hahaha, nice dialog ^^ I let her drive the pede once. ONCE. lol under a car

RC poster
    My wife usually can tell when im buying RC stuff cuz i check the mail everyday. LOL. Enjoy the new toy Dave

RC Racer
    Thanks BigChet, I normally do to. Maybe I'll get to see it tomorrow after school. I may be 40 but I'm still a kid at heart.

RC Racer
    Alright, so I decided to bust out the summit today. I had it on the kitchen table so I could bind it and put the purple springs on the back. My wife comes in and says, when did you get that? I said, I've had this for a while . And that was it.. Hahaha awesome. And I really didn't lie.

RC Qualifier
    LOL haha Awesome

RC Qualifier
    I just save up for half the vehicle then tell the woman it's half of what it actually is and she normally just says ok lol

RC Racer
    That's a good one too, I know my wife has nooooo idea how much I have invested in these cars, and nor do I care to share it with her. Lol for this summit, I had a little cheddar in my Paypal from some previous sales, and with TH discount code it was only $212 bucks. I couldn't pass it up

RC Qualifier
    Yea it works pretty good for me lol ordering my summit Jr Friday for umm 150 lol can't wait

RC Racer
    Haha, I hear ya

RC Qualifier
    Too funny! I just had my wife pick up a highly upgraded slash off of kijiji for $65! And she goes "Is that all they cost?" And i went " yep......" And she seemed quite happy with that. Lol

RC Qualifier
    Lol all I know is if she knew how much I have spent I would need a bigger dog house for the dog so me and my rc's could fit lol
    Let's Go Steelers!!!... KCCO

RC Racer
    I like to call my "dog house" the man cave a.k.a. the garage where all my rc's reside. haha, my wife is on to me, she has been looking at the bank account and questioning all the paypal transfers. lord knows there's been a lot of em. not gonna stop, just gotta get more creative. hahahaha and i will.

RC Qualifier
    Lol biggdogg, I have a second account at a bank by my work just to cash my check and I slide a little over time money in cause she never sees my stub she only know what I make on 40hrs lol so I tuck a little in there and ship the parts to work lol

RC Racer
    Oh man, that's a good little operation right there. I took notes..

RC Qualifier
    Not to bad now the five dollar parts from eBay they go to the house but anything over twenty goes to work lol then brought in and tucked away if the?of where did those come from I usually say a friend of my nephew sold them to me for ten bucks cause my nephew is why I got back into it and she can't check the source other then ask him and he agrees cause I slid him some hop ups here and there too lol teaching him right he's 15 lol

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Timber211 View Post
    Not to bad now the five dollar parts from eBay they go to the house but anything over twenty goes to work lol then brought in and tucked away if the?of where did those come from I usually say a friend of my nephew sold them to me for ten bucks cause my nephew is why I got back into it and she can't check the source other then ask him and he agrees cause I slid him some hop ups here and there too lol teaching him right he's 15 lol
    Lol. Glad I'm not the only one like this.
    I use 4 different shipping address.
    My 5yo(now) would always know if I got something new coming home.
    I mean the slightest things like a driver, 12g wire, batteries n so on
    Just brought home hexes and she goes when u get that?

RC Racer
    Heck yeah, gotta teach the youngens' how it's done. That's the future of the hobby. I learned from my older brother many many years ago. I too share with my nephew who is 15.

RC Qualifier
    Ya he will need to know how to get things past the woman in a few years so figured it's the uncles job to be that influence...lol and daddykins you are not alone trust me this thread is getting interesting

RC Racer
    Oh yeah, bunch of guys airing there sneaky little secrets... Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahaha awesome.