RC poster

Wheely and new truck

I am new to nitro only having it two months. I got a revo 2.5 used and managed to get it running after a few problems. My truck now seems to run fine and is very fast.

How can i get it to wheely as i see many videos of people popping wheelys.

Also i will be getting a new truck soon and want to know is there a big difference between the 2.5 and 3.3? I am guessing there is but would just like to know more from guys that have used both.

Many Thanks

RC Champion
    There is a big difference between the 2.5 and 3.3, but your 2.5 should wheelie once in a while. The 3.3 will be a wheelie machine if you tune it right and use a good pipe on it.
    erbe emaxx 26maxx s27revo 18tmrevo XXL platinum

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by lubecakes View Post
    There is a big difference between the 2.5 and 3.3, but your 2.5 should wheelie once in a while. The 3.3 will be a wheelie machine if you tune it right and use a good pipe on it.
    Hmm think i may just get my money out and buy a brand new 3.3. Thanks for the reply.

RC poster
    Good tuning, a tightened slipper clutch, and a stiffer suspension call all help induce wheelies. I broke my engine in during the winter and kinda botched the process; didn't monitor temps and throttle as I should have. I'm still happy with it's performance but when this 3.3 falls I'm going to get a .21 big block

RC Champion
    A well tuned and healthy 2.5 will pull wheelies, just not as easily as the 3.3.
    As for tightening the slipper clutch, there's a fine line between enough and too much.
    erbe emaxx 26maxx s27revo 18tmrevo XXL platinum

RC Racer
    When mine was a 2.5 I couldn't ever get it to wheelie unless it hit a bump at high speed. With a big block it won't stop wheeling now.....
    If it ain't broke, fix it till it is! BB Revo

RC Racer
    You could always get a bigger spur gear or a smaller clutch bell.