Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    RC Racer

Stampede 4x4 vxl log

Hey everyone, some nice lookin rcs on the forum!

I just got into this recently, about 10 years ago had some new bright pretty much indoor trucks, quickly got into these

Got it stock for a deal last week

Second day had a run it with a pole at a skate park

Easy 10$$ fix, that's why these things are awesome

Picked up some lights and caster blocks the other day, aluminum hubs and rpm blue arms are next. And shock towers / better tires soon. Also when spring comes a cooling fan. Running on 2s traxxas 5800mah

RC Racer
    What kind of lights are those, do you have a part #?

RC Racer
    I think it's 6784, tossed the package but try that.

Don't even notice a run time drop really either, they are awesome!

RC Racer
    That's it, thankd

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbone77 View Post
    What kind of lights are those, do you have a part #?
    They look like the Traxxas accessory on the the web page. I have em too. I would advise adding the RPM Bumper/skid plate to protect them. I hit a telephone pole Sunday at about 30 mph in a mid air jump gone bad. I also cracked open the front diff case and the A arm broke off the bulkhead it pins into and locked up the servo saver. The RPM bumper saved everything else.
    I did a tear down and replaced the diff case and bulkhead, and aligned the steering/front end and was back in action in about an hour. (Fortunately, I have a well stocked parts bin.) These beasts are tough!

RC Racer
    Super tough!!

I picked up some rpm front and back a arms yesterday, and also lowered the body. Have a nut/bolt setup now instead of losing clips. Only takes 20 seconds to take off the body, much stronger now

RC Qualifier
    Another vote for the RPM bumper....save my truck mannnnnny times.

RC Racer
    Had some fun in the snow today

Next up will be blue or red aluminum hubs, and a shield of some sort to keep rocks out. Fan and tires are on the list as well, the winter keeps the motor plenty cool for now

RC Racer
    Oh and aluminum shock towers, aluminum steering peice, and shocks eventually

RC Racer
    Well after some bashing today, I started to hear some clicking. Took off the back bulk head and the driveshaft bearing is completely gone lol. Tomorrow going to pick up a new plus a spare, hopefully the lhs has a aluminum motor mount too. And the set screw with pin on it snapped as well. Another cheap fix/upgrade these trucks are perfect!

RC Qualifier
    Wouldn't bother with the Ally shock towers. You want flexibility. RPM upgrades when you must.

RC Racer
    That truck looks so much better with the body lowered. good job!
    Rustler + Lipo + Dirt = FUN!

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by 4x4stampedevxl View Post
    Have a nut/bolt setup now instead of losing clips. Only takes 20 seconds to take off the body, much stronger now
    I might suggest the Proline body mounts. Same purpose but much more aesthetically pleasing.
    / 16

RC Racer
    Yeah I will probably go with rpm instead on the shock mounts!

As for the body mounts, I switched to these because I'm tired of losing pins. My buddy lost 8 or 9 today. I didn't lose one and it makes it stronger in my opinion. But I do like the j concepts ones!

Bought some trenchers the other day and wow, what a difference. It shreds across snow like nothing now. My friend bought 2 paddles for his 2wd, I tried them on mine.....even with only 2 it went anywhere, pulling wheelies on command.

Bored today with the old tires, since they are useless I tried something. Getting rims for the old studded tires this week!

Bought this stand today too, works great, won't ever get flat spots while storing either

RC Racer
    My list for this weeks order, truck is pretty much a complete basher after

5576a wheels (two sets)
    1952x blue rear hubs
    6837x blue front hubs
    6860r blue motor mount
    6877a clear motor cover
    1654x blue aluminum wheel hub nuts (two sets)
    Traxxas 3s heat fan
    Traxxas 6400 3s battery

RC Racer
    Picture of the paddles on 2wd stampede rims, definitely worth the investment for snow and sand!! Should be added to my list for next week.....

RC Racer
    Decided to change up some stickers, ended up with this

RC Champion
    Looks great, get that body down some more.
    Everything overpowered...

RC Racer
    Lowered all the way, I trimmed the front bumper to fit with the lights as it cut the wire off my LEDs, some silicone fixed up. I tucked the body into the frame to see if it helped with keeping debris out, worked better then having them open!

RC Qualifier
    Yeah my shell has cut all my wires for the light bar. Doh! Am waiting on some new LED's to solder on. Then I'll be trimming the shell too! Really miss those lights at night.

RC Racer
    I thought they just burnt out at first, but looked after and yupp cut right off. Silicone got them working again though, and I put some on the other lights as well for reinforcement lol. Now that the body is trimmed, it just sits on the bar....perfect!

RC Racer
    Gettin some air yesterday,

Rouleau, aka "Dog River", Saskatchewan, Canada
    Lowered all the way, I trimmed the front bumper to fit with the lights as it cut the wire off my LEDs, some silicone fixed up. I tucked the body into the frame to see if it helped with keeping debris out, worked better then having them open!
    Nice truck, looks like you're having a blast with it. The body can go even lower and still maintain a very clean look in regards to the mounts. I came up with a mod using two 2wd Monster Jam stampede front mounts that not only lowers the body way down, but also makes the mounts full adjustable for mounting different bodies. Here is a couple pics of my truck using the MJ mounts:

Here is a link to my thread showing how to do it:

http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8968637

Sent from Baldy's iPad using your wireless signal. Thanks!

P2DE(S) - P4DE - EMAXX - FUNNY CAR - MERV
    Never trust an "Atom", they make up everything.

RC Qualifier
    That just looks too wide to me. It loose the sense of proportion and scale.

RC Racer
    Nice that body is lower, good idea on the mounts I used to have the 2wd. How's the width help with the snow? I thought about getting spacers for the paddles and snow, but could see them being a weak point for tire impacts

What a sweet looking truck dude its coming together very well.keep us posted and nice to see another pede joining the family.....peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

RC Racer
    ^^ thanks man, can't wait for my new parts to come in this week!!

Can anyone spot the new "mod"

RC Qualifier
    You bust two light and stuck stickers in the duff ones? I have removed my light bar in preparation for a new set of LED's. All mine croaked.

RC Racer
    They all work, just the stickers shoot light backwards actually and helps at night.

But I cut out the roof scoop, not a huge difference but cruising at 30mph or so should scoop up some extra air and direct it right at the motor!

RC Racer
    Didn't like how the white was visible now in the scoop so I painted the inside,

Then seen my can of paint that matches my car, and tried something quick. Didn't come out to great but now I'm going to get a proline body and start fresh!

[IMG]http://i418.photobucket.com/albums/pp267/prot3g3/0D14437D-C21B-4827-BFA9-6B3F2EE19302-908-000000FD3DCF1F8
    9.jpg[/IMG]

New body should be in next week!

Nice that body is lower, good idea on the mounts I used to have the 2wd. How's the width help with the snow? I thought about getting spacers for the paddles and snow, but could see them being a weak point for tire impacts
    The width doesn't do anything more for running on the snow, but it helps keep the truck from rolling over during hard turns. In that second pic I was running 2.2" wheels and had to run the wheel extensions for steering/suspension clearance.

Excellent idea cutting the scoop out for airflow. If a guy was to fabricate some kind of tube or port that led from that scoop opening right down to either the motor, esc or both, I could see it being even more beneficial for cooling as the air would be directly routed to the electronics. Are your led's powered by the receiver or by an external battery? I kinda like the look of the stock body blacked out on the sides, nice work!

RC Racer
    ^^ thanks man!!

And I like the thought for the tipping and also would probably help keep snow out by being so far from the body.

I am going to do something along those lines, it's still -2 daily here, but in the next few weeks I will. I think it hits the back "window" and shoots it down, but a directed plastic tube right to the motor/esc is what I'm after!

They are plug and play! In the waterproof box there is about 6 extra plugs, and once it's sealed again the have a plug accessible in line. If you get them, silicone the wires on the back, they are water proof but when lowering the lid and bashing hard the bumper cut the wire. So now it's gooped up with silicone but now all 4 work again!

RC Racer
    Here is a little video from tonight, running on 2s weighed down with heavy snow, it's amazing at how grip adds to the speed. No more spinning out with the talons!

http://i418.photobucket.com/albums/p...2FF443729D.mp4

RC Racer
    Another one of it going across my front lawn, with 3 feet of snow. Can't wait for the paddles on Friday!

http://i418.photobucket.com/albums/p...32B16CA5A3.mp4

RC Racer
    Has some fun on lunch today at work, was ramping beside a curb, randomly it bolts towards it and boom!! Smashed so hard the battery became disconnected from the truck...quick inspection, steering worked 4wd worked, drove fine!! After wash down discovered this LOL

Quick call to the LHS and ill have my new chassis this Friday with the other parts good excuse to paint it black now because a tear down is in order! Blue rpm arms will be in next week, have my stock for now

RC Champion
    You'll want to dye it with Rit rather than paint it.
    / 16

RC Racer
    ^^ thanks for the tip!! I will pick some up on Friday as well and let it soak while I take the parts off and add the new hubs!

RC Racer
    Is that stuff had at wal mart ect? Never bought it!

RC Champion
    Usually on the laundry aisle there.
    / 16

Nice job on the carnage man, that must have been a pretty good hit cuz it's cracked all the way up under the skid plate. Send the broken rpm part back to rpm and they should replace it for you.