Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RC Racer

"The Widower" What does a 70 mph Stampede 4x4 looks like? DANGEROUS

I dedicated this weekend to upgrading my Stampede 4x4.
    1. Proline powerstroke shocks. I tooK the big bores off and they were actually pretty nice but the Powerstokes are simply awesome.
    2. Some stablemaxx wheels mounted on some Proline Street Fighter tires. This mod required me to pull out the dremmel and it takes a few hours to tape and cut the tires and trim the wheels but its so worth it in the end. Now I have a set of street tires to switch out with. i can give the Trenchers a break when running on pavement.
    3. 22 tooth pinion gear- When I purchsed the truck I almost kept the stock motor but im glad I didnt. Last night i took the truck out to the mall parking lot across the street and hit 70 Mph. I love the MMP 2400 KV set up. it very versatile. I have run every pinion other than the 23 tooth and the motor handles all of them.
    4. A new Stampede body and an AMR body kit . Their graphics kits are out of site. All you need is time and a hair dryer or heat gun.
    Heres a few photos of the finished product.

By the way guys love the site. Thanks for all the great info!
    [IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

RC poster
    Looks great any vids of it???

RC Racer
    Unfortunately there are quite a few, but I dont have any. Every time I run dome of my neighbors come out and video. I never have asked any of them to share. Next week I may have my buddy shoot a video when I take it to Philly.

RC Qualifier
    Nice! Going to lower the body any?

Great looks. I love the looks of the Streetfighters, but I hate the way they balloon. The body looks awesome.
    Nobody is born with experience

RC Racer
    Wow that looks awesome! Nice job

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    Really nice pede ! Get some videos

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Petertje60 View Post
    Great looks. I love the looks of the Streetfighters, but I hate the way they balloon. The body looks awesome.
    I taped them with Gorilla tape. I hate the ballooning as well so I tape all of my tires.

Quote Originally Posted by bigpopa71 View Post
    I taped them with Gorilla tape. I hate the ballooning as well so I tape all of my tires.
    I didn't expect anything else
    What gearing were you running when you got up to 70mph? That is an impressive top speed.

RC Qualifier
    22t I'm a troll

RC Racer
    I didn't expect anything else
    What gearing were you running when you got up to 70mph? That is an impressive top speed.
    The 22 tooth and its getting tight in there. I had to pull the motor upward while tightening it down to get the proper mesh

Only 22T with the stock spur? In that case you must have had some ballooning. Or did you run it on 4S?

RC poster
    what batery are you using?

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by M.Bateman123 View Post
    what batery are you using?
    Traxxas 3S 6400MAH

RC poster
    ok, how long is the run time on it? and does it have more power than the stock batery?

RC Racer
    Only 22T with the stock spur? In that case you must have had some ballooning. Or did you run it on 4S?
    It was 11 o'clock at night, there were lights in the parking lot and it wasn't well lit. Im going back out in a few hours after i hit the hobby shop. I will give some more feedback after a few runs.

Quote Originally Posted by M.Bateman123 View Post
    ok, how long is the run time on it? and does it have more power than the stock batery?
    I only ran for a few minutes to make sure everything was functional and of course 4 or 5 speed runs. Im going to run a full battery today. My real concern is temps, if I can keep them at 170 max I will leave the 22 on the truck. I ran for 45 minutes with the same pack with 21 tooth and trenchers and hit 63MPH and didnt go over 146 degrees. We will see
    Last edited by cooleocool; 03-25-2014 at 08:44 AM. Reason: merge

It was 11 o'clock at night, there were lights in the parking lot and it wasn't well lit. Im going back out in a few hours after i hit the hobby shop. I will give some more feedback after a few runs.
    To be clear, I am not questioning if you did 70mph or not, I was only surprised about the specs compared to the speed.

RC Qualifier
    Sweet truck! I really like that 'wrap'.

RC Racer
    To be clear, I am not questioning if you did 70mph or not, I was only surprised about the specs compared to the speed.
    The thought never crossed my mind! One thing I like about this forum is you don't get much of that here. Im not sure what I said that made you think that but Im not being defensive. Im just sharing info because I love Pede and the amount of things you can do with it!

Quote Originally Posted by fls4 View Post
    Sweet truck! I really like that 'wrap'.
    Thanks! I am certainly liking the AMR kits. I plan on getting another

RC Champion
    Sweeeeeet!!!!

The thought never crossed my mind! One thing I like about this forum is you don't get much of that here. Im not sure what I said that made you think that but Im not being defensive. Im just sharing info because I love Pede and the amount of things you can do with it!
    I'm glad it never crossed your mind. I just wanted to be clear because there sometimes is a lot of hassle about proof when people say they reach a certain speed. Some people are stating weird facts, but I did never put you in that category. You're in the category "Nice and enthusiastic R/C hobbyist"

RC Racer
    I'm glad it never crossed your mind. I just wanted to be clear because there sometimes is a lot of hassle about proof when people say they reach a certain speed. Some people are stating weird facts, but I did never put you in that category. You're in the category "Nice and enthusiastic R/C hobbyist"

Thanks! , I work in a field where you have to back up all your claims with data. I wouldn't mind if someone asked. Also if I make a post like this I need to expect some questions behind it. I've been having so much fun since I left nitro and picked up this Pede its unbelievable. I have had nothing but positive experiences on this forum!

Im headed for some run time now. Hopefully I wont run any loose dogs over this week.

RC Qualifier
    Yeah nitro is just a pain. Pede has been my fav so far. Just need to put a better motor setup eventually

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Pede4x4owner View Post
    Yeah nitro is just a pain. Pede has been my fav so far. Just need to put a better motor setup eventually
    Agreed!!!!

RC Qualifier
    Looks killer and really like that wrap!
    The message above or below may or may not be true

RC Racer
    So I may have sabotaged my run today. This morning I ran over the tires with Meguiars tire Shine. They had a lot of brown film on them and the tire shine cleaned them up nicely. It also left me struggling to hook up on the pavement. it was still a blast as i got the pede up to 66MPH today. I only got thirty minutes out of my battery but i charged it yesterday afternoon and used it for around 5 or 10 minutes last night. The temp maxxed out at 136 degrees but its only 45 degrees today. more testing is needed under hotter conditions but it was cool watching my truck break loose all over the place. It handles like a dream and the powerstroke shocks are a noticable improvement over the Big bores. Until next week 66MPH will have to do. I may also try a run with the Trenchers.[IMG][/IMG]

RC Racer
    And there was zero balloning with the street fighter tires!

RC Qualifier
    If the trenchers are taller.. it should be faster with those

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by fls4 View Post
    If the trenchers are taller.. it should be faster with those
    Thanks, im going to try them my next time out! I like the Trenchers more, its just nice to see street tires on the truck. One weird thing is when I was running full speed I could see a trail the tires were leaving on the asphalt. It looked cool but I couldn't figure out what was making the tracks. It wasn't dusty!

Thanks, im going to try them my next time out! I like the Trenchers more, its just nice to see street tires on the truck. One weird thing is when I was running full speed I could see a trail the tires were leaving on the asphalt. It looked cool but I couldn't figure out what was making the tracks. It wasn't dusty!
    That's probably stuff that comes from the tires. I never tried the Streetfighters taped, but I remember how great the JConcepts G-Locs worked for speed running purposes.

RC Competitor
    That is REALLY cool. I want to look into those graphics kits.

Wow what a sick pede dude I love it.I have got my pede up to 60mph running untaped trenchers and tenshock 3500kv 4 pole with 17t pinion and stock spur but it was a handful because untaped trenchers are nuts man......peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

RC Qualifier
    Use some Simple Green on those tire or any for that matter. Cleans them well and leaves them sticky. The tire shine although looks nice justs adds an oil like substance to the surface. I quit using the tire shine on my 1:1 tires because it dries the tire out in the long run(if not used regularly). And being a person who only put about 4000 miles a year on my truck, I want many, many years out of my tires.

I am using the streetfigthers on Jconcepts relux wheels for the speed runs in parking lots. I too taped the tires and get no ballooning on 3s geared 17/54 on stock vxl...
    The message above or below may or may not be true

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by spenniepoos View Post
    Wow what a sick pede dude I love it.I have got my pede up to 60mph running untaped trenchers and tenshock 3500kv 4 pole with 17t pinion and stock spur but it was a handful because untaped trenchers are nuts man......peace
    That awesome! My truck is stable at its highest speeds with the Trenchers and the Street Fighters . Ive never seen a monster moving that fast and holding the road like its a sedan. Im not sure if thats the shocks or the sway bars but the Pede is an all around great truck.

Quote Originally Posted by Hirschowl View Post
    Use some Simple Green on those tire or any for that matter. Cleans them well and leaves them sticky. The tire shine although looks nice justs adds an oil like substance to the surface. I quit using the tire shine on my 1:1 tires because it dries the tire 3out in the long run(if not used regularly). And being a person who only put about 4000 miles a year on my truck, I want many, many years out of my tires.

I am using the streetfigthers on Jconcepts relux wheels for the speed runs in parking lots. I too taped the tires and get no ballooning on 3s geared 17/54 on stock vxl...
    Thanks, I will be try that next time.
    Last edited by cooleocool; 03-25-2014 at 08:43 AM. Reason: merge

RC Champion
    Love the wrap.

Yeah it's so much easier to drive at high speed with the dirt hawgs I have on it now and the temps have not gone over 145f so I may try a 19t pinion just for giggles......peace

RC Racer
    I find myself running out of space to run at top speed. I put the trenchers back on yesterday and the temps went up to 172 after about 30 min of speed runs. I ran around 65 mph most of the time. Its too fast and I find myself launching the front end for 20 or 30 yards. Insane!

RC Racer
    Down in South Carolina , this is the perfect environment for running my truck. I'm not happy that a forgot my charging bag which means I have to take a trip to the hobby shop tomorrow. I haven't been able to get the truck back up to 70 mph since the day I installed the 22 tooth but 67 mph is pretty fast. The high temp for today was 152 degrees. I think I will give her a nice cleaning today. I'm very impressed with the performance of this truck [IMG][/IMG]

Just remember that 67mph is crazy fast for a monster truck dude ......peace

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by spenniepoos View Post
    Just remember that 67mph is crazy fast for a monster truck dude ......peace
    I agree, this is more than enough speed and the torque of this motor is unreal. The 2400 kv is perfect because it is a little over the top but its not so much that everytime you run the truck your breaking parts.