RC poster

New guy with new toys

Hello everybody. New guy here getting back into r/c's after being away for 7 years. Back then I was into nitro...had a couple T-Maxx's and a Revo. I really wasn't intending of even getting back into r/c, but it's funny how it all works out. I have a son who will be 4 in May and is a Grave Digger fanatic. So, to make a long story short....while Christmas shopping for him back in December, I stumbled across the 1/10 Traxxas Grave Digger on Ebay. Now, we have 2 of them and the mod bug is biting me.

First truck arrived last week and is a brand new 30th Ann. Digger with all the led's and 2.4 radio/rec. Awesome little truck! We are both pretty stoked about it. The only mod so far is the Traxxas green wheelie bar.

Second truck I just bought this past Friday on Ebay. It is due to arrive this week sometime. It started life as a Digger roller. He added green RPM arms front/rear. RPM green gear cover, t-bone rear bumper , complete VXL system with lipo battery, PL Masher/RPM black revolver's. The truck is mint.

I've been reading as much info as possible and watching lots of youtube vid's about these trucks. I already have a looong list of parts I want. I'm definitely hooked...lol! I look forward to learning from you folks and having a blast with my son along the way. Thanks for reading

RC Champion
    Welcome. I've only been here 2 weeks, but so far everyone is very nice. You made the right choice with Traxxas. Their stuff is very durable and runs great.
    Make it idiot-proof and along comes a better idiot

RC Racer
    Welcome ,
    Please do searches for stuff like gearing , recommend upgrades,esc motor problems, for the Grave digger. The Titan is a problematic motor
    The VXL will blow your mind, I had a tamiya Audi in the 80's and I thought it was fast but these brushless systems are so much faster. You can expect an honest 35/40 mph on a 2s lipo and 45/50 mph on a 3s lipo.
    There is a member here Absoloot who has excellent how to' threads with great pictures .

RC poster
    Cool, thanks for the advice

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    The first thing your probably going to want/need is a decent charger. You definitely have at least one nimh pack that came with the son of a digger but I dont know what type of battery you have for your truck. Either way, buy a decent charger that can do both NIMHs and lipos. My suggestion for a great first charger is the Thunder Power TP610C. They go for about $110 on ebay (shipped).

Dont bother buying any more NIMH packs. Visit SPCracing.com and check out their 2S lipos. You wont regret buying any pack from them and they have some amazing deals right now.

Sounds like your latest digger is fairly well upgraded. I say run them both till something breaks and upgrade them from there.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

Rouleau, aka "Dog River", Saskatchewan, Canada
    Welcome to the forum and to the Stampede! I can relate to the father/son bashing bond, and also to the bite from the upgrade bug, i got it real bad! Lol Glad to have you and your son aboard the forum, feel free to ask any questions you may have about your trucks in this same thread, this will keep all your info in one place for you. Good luck and have fun!

Also, watch out for the intentional head on collisions. When the lil ones run rc's with dad, crashing is more fun than bashing and its always dads truck that ends up breaking!

Sent from Baldy's iPad using your wireless signal. Thanks!

P2DE(S) - P4DE - EMAXX - FUNNY CAR - MERV
    Never trust an "Atom", they make up everything.