Thread: Engine Problems

RC Competitor

Engine Problems

So i just got back from running my jato for 2 hours straight just re fueling before it shut down. And right before I was coming up we went to a different location because we needed lights and went to start it back up, and nothing it sounded like it was flooded so i turned it on its side and tried starting it. it started and i gave it throttle and then when i went to put it on the ground as soon as the rear wheels hit the ground the engine died. I did this a couple of times and same so i changed the glow plug tried that same problem. So i then looked at my ide screw gap perfect gap then I went to the HSN set that to stock settings tried again nothing. I am thinking my one way bearing is bad? Any ideas would help thanks!

How about the clutch? If it wants to creep while starting, will only start with the tires off the ground or stalls when the truck comes to a stop then the clutch or spring broke.
    The Super Derecho

RC Qualifier
    I doubt it is the one way. If the motor is turning over then it is engaging. If it is just spinning then it could be that. I have had similar issues with the 3.3. When you run them for long time and then it cools down for say 15-20 minutes it won't crank until like an hour. Pure speculation on my part but I think it is because the head and block cool off more quickly than the rod and sleeve and cause a compression issue for a very short duration. Assuming that nothing is broken it will probably crank in an hour.

Just let it sit, run the after run procedure on it and try again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    --
    Nitro-J-Rod

RC Competitor
    I was thinking that spring broke on the clutch shoes i am going to check I will post back to let you know what I found! thanks

RC Competitor
    Well you were right Double G! The spring broke, now i am running the Robinson racing revo cb do i need a more heavy duty spring?

RC Qualifier
    Good to hear. Easy fix. Been there before with those springs. I actually use the Traxxas heavy duty spring on that same clutch.
    --
    Nitro-J-Rod

You could go with the 4146x spring but they come with the shoes too. I've heard that the MIP replacement springs for their Traxxas clutch shoes work well too. Haven't tried them though.
    The Super Derecho

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Double G View Post
    You could go with the 4146x spring but they come with the shoes too. I've heard that the MIP replacement springs for their Traxxas clutch shoes work well too. Haven't tried them though.
    Do you know what spring i need for the jato? stock #

RC Turnbuckle Jr.

The 4146x is the higher stall. Per the exploded views, the Jato clutch is 4146.
    The Super Derecho