RC Enthusiast

Motor wiring help

Blew the engine on my slash vxl,I bought the ******* ********* 10t and the wire colors don't match,was wondering if anyone knew which wires went to what one on the vxl esc

RC Champion
    Just plug them in and try it. Just switch them up I until it works.

RC Enthusiast
    I tried it and got it to move back and forth,but the esc is getting hot really fast,the motor isn't even hooked up to the truck so there's no load on it

RC Racer
    i had a similar hiccup with my motor swap...i wont mention any names...because traxxas wont allow anything but castle to be mentioned here i guess...lol its just silly to me. its like if this was a ford mustang forum and some roush tuners came in the moderators would make them be ***** tuners instead, like the public will magically be blindfolded to some company they have beef with. traxxas is a little too political imo, still got love for ya though!

anyways, enough ranting...sorry
    the motor you bought should have instructions with which each wire does. (notice, no names, lol) there should also be an explanation of the 3 wires from the vxl esc somewhere in your traxxas book, and if you dont have the book, you can download the pdf from the home page here, thanks traxxas. if all else fails, i agree with bash...trial and error will get you there, theres only 1 out of 9 times you can get it correct so thats why id rather just bust out the paperwork.

RC Champion
    Didn't think of that but that should work. Lets know how it goes.

RC Enthusiast
    ok,so hooked it all up,i got many different results,but the ONE constant was...no mater how i hooked the wires up,the esc still got really hot real fast

RC Champion
    Is it so hot that you can't touch it?
    Make it idiot-proof and along comes a better idiot

RC Enthusiast
    Yes,and I can smell it burning,the motor and battery are cold

RC Enthusiast
    sounds like you just fried your esc

RC Enthusiast
    yup,we tested it,thats exactly what it was...the esc isnt under warrenty by any chance is it?

RC Champion
    Yes it is actually. If its less then 30 days old then you can get it replaced it free other wise it about half off. Just call traxxas and they'll send you a paper to fill out and you'll send them your broken part and they will send you the new part. They have the best customer service I know of.

All of traxxas's electronics have this same lifetime warranty.