RC Competitor

e-maxx diff problems

so recently i have been blowing out the pinion bearings on my brushless emaxx...iv been having to pull the diffs to replace the pinion bearings and ring gear just about every 12 runs...i never had this problem till recently. today i blew the pinion bearings out on a brand new rear diff with about 5 runs on it...does shimming the diffs correct this issue or do i have some type of driveline problem causing vibrations or something
    Last edited by kdemaxx; 01-19-2013 at 05:30 PM.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    shimming will help but aluminum diff cups help to reduce flex. it only helps as the stock gears are only fairly decent .

RC Champion
    I think We all know to well about the little pinion bearings in the stock diffs. I had to rebuild both of them in one of my maxx trucks after about 12 runs too. I used some hr alum cups, integy alum cases, and avid bearings. only run it a couple times since so time will tell how they hold up. Also like 50togo said shimming will help. If you like to run it hard and on 6s and you dont mind spending some cash on it, I would suggest stepping up to some 1/8th scale diffs. and save yourself some headaches.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Flm is the hot setup. Good company too http://www.fastlanemachine.net/prodd...LM18750&cat=15

RC Champion
    hot racing makes some newer designed diff cups that fit the tra5382x diff gears with x-brace and metal side plates. I used the older style black ones and had to grind the x-brace to fit and no metal side plates,pin rides in alum slot. There still 6061-t6 alum but made to fit the 3908 gears. Wish they had these when i did mine. Good info for sombody wanting to beef up there stock diffs. But do your homework theres probably some better ones out there made of 7075
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hot-Racing-A...item2ec55f941b
    Last edited by EMAXXBRUSHLESS; 01-20-2013 at 01:48 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Thats a really nice diff cup.......i actually just got done rebuilding my stock Diffs on my one emaxx...i have the really nice FLM Ultimate Hybrid bulks for my other emaxx that will be built....im just getting into LiPos...so im wondering......is there any other way to beef up stock diffs? Any aftermarket gears or pinions available that will be a perfect fit ? thanks !

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Only the Robinson racing 8090 which is discontinued. But I have broke those too

RC Champion
    aftermarket gears -maybe this if its available. cup is 7075 alum.
    http://www.fastlanemachine.net/prodd...lm51000&cat=15
    and some alum cases (theres a few out there) and avid bearings

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    all that will only help won't solve the problem. we just went bashing and my daughter stripped the diff again! shimmed with a hr aluminum cup and case .i even modded the I bar and loosened up the slipper