RC poster

I need help picking a lipo/nimh charger??

Hey I am new to the hobby and looking to swap to lipo but still need to be able to charge my nimh. does anyone have any suggestions

any help is greatly appreciated

RC Qualifier
    I just bought a duatrax onyx 235 as my second charger and I am really happy with it.
    One shot.....One kill, no exceptions

RC Qualifier
    I'm fairly new to the hobby as well I just picked up my first 7.4 2s 5000mah 25c venom lipo and a primal radiant charger comes w/ 4 adapters charges 2s and 3s lipos and nimh batts. can choose between 1-4 amp charging also has a few more features look it up I believe it was somewhere in the neighborhood of 45$
    Last edited by XRated; 01-20-2013 at 03:23 AM.

RC Champion
    im going on 1 year with with my traxxas ez peak plus charger. i use it everyday. pricey at around 70-80 bucks, but no complaints from me.
    I'm not krazy. My mother had me tested.

RC Competitor
    I also also use the traxxas ez peak plus. I really like the storage mode as well and coming from traxxas you get there great customer service if ever needed :-)

RC Enthusiast
    Lots of guys up here talk about the Dynamite Passport Ultra. Everybody seems to thinks it's the best bang for the buck.

I am using the Traxxas Ez-peak. It's fool proof, easy to use, insures you are charging the correct way. Picked it up for 70...can't go wrong.

RC Competitor
    I use and like the Radient Ascend Charger it can charge at 6 amps. LiFe, LiPo, NiMh, NiCd.
    $60
    This charger is really easy to use.
    you select your battery type
    than capacity?(MaH rating)
    click enter than hold it down and your charging.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    10 amp iCharger 106: $90ish
    20 amp iCharger 206: $125ish
    Power supply: $12 on up
    ParaBoard: $20ish

Both of these chargers are very high quality. They can storage charge at the full stated amperage... unlike most that are limited to 2 amps or so for storage charging. They can charge NiMh, NiCd, Lead-Acid, LiFe, LiOn, LiPo, ect.

I personally use an iCharger 206... with a power supply and a paraboard. This allows me to charge up to 6 of my batteries safely all at the same time. I can charge 2 2S 7600's and 4 of my 2S 2200's from storage to full in about 30 minutes.

I suggest reading these threads:
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...charging-setup
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...rger-vs-cooker

I feel I should warn you... it is very tempting to go the cheaper route; but the cheap route usually ends up being more expensive in the long run.
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

im going on 1 year with with my traxxas ez peak plus charger. i use it everyday. pricey at around 70-80 bucks, but no complaints from me.
    I also also use the traxxas ez peak plus. I really like the storage mode as well and coming from traxxas you get there great customer service if ever needed :-)
    Same here!
    Last edited by Wolfslash16; 01-27-2013 at 05:30 PM.
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde