Thread: Body work

RC poster

Body work

Just bought the raptor body for the revo wondering what kind of paint to use will model paint for plastic car models work ? And how is the best way to make holes for the clips ?

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    No, you need lexan paint. Most hobby shops sell it in small rattle cans. One can would do about 3 of those bodies if you just went with one color. If you want to do any type of design, I like blue painters tape for masking designs.

You can use a drill or a body reamer to make the body post holes. Trim the body and drill the holes BEFORE you paint. Makes it way easier to get it to fit and theres less chance of you damaging your paintjob while trimming.

Spray light coats of paint and let them dry between coats. DO NOT spray it on thick or it will run and will crack and chip later on. It takes time but the finished product is worth it. You can also use a hair dryer to help speed up the drying process between coats.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC poster
    Sweet thanks !!!!

RC Champion
    One suggestion based on experiences by a couple friends that have the Raptor body...
    After you get everything painted..go ahead and reinforce the area around the body gap between the cab and bed.
    Both guys broke the body in half at that same spot.
    --
    "Dude,I almost had you"
    R.I.P Paul Walker