Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RC Racer
    [QUOTE=dcfox;5396181]I agree with robl45.
    From what I've noticed...the NIMH starts out fast...and gets slower as the battery pack drains.

Just like humans

RC Champion
    [QUOTE=yellowufo;5396206]
    Quote Originally Posted by dcfox View Post
    I agree with robl45.
    From what I've noticed...the NIMH starts out fast...and gets slower as the battery pack drains.

Just like humans
    LOL!!! At 44 years old...I can relate.
    --
    "Dude,I almost had you"
    R.I.P Paul Walker

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Lipo batteries are much lighter too. A little weight adds up!

RC Enthusiast
    I bought 2 of the traxxas 3s lipo batteries. I agree that 3s is too much. I wish I had bought the 2s lipos. On 3s the motor screams, top speed is insane but its way too easy to break things.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by mfinn999 View Post
    I bought 2 of the traxxas 3s lipo batteries. I agree that 3s is too much. I wish I had bought the 2s lipos. On 3s the motor screams, top speed is insane but its way too easy to break things.
    higher voltage uses less amps and is more efficient assuming you have the right motor. the problem is, with a 3s setup on a stock truck, it will go very fast and likely you will not be going full speed most of the time. The way the speed controller regulates the speed is by making heat when you aren't going full speed so the poor speed controller is going to heat up quite a bit.

RC Champion
    I mentioned the 2s vs 3s thing at the LHS that I bought my 3s batteries from.
    He suggested running in training mode when using the 3s packs.
    He said not only would it slow it down a little....but would extend running time tremendously.

The last video I posted in my GoPro thread is with it set this way.
    It's still pretty fast...and the run time definitely was considerably longer.
    --
    "Dude,I almost had you"
    R.I.P Paul Walker

RC Qualifier
    but hows the temps on your esc? the only way to slow it down is to burn off the unused power as heat.

RC Champion
    So are you saying...that if I have to run the 3s for now...I'd be better off running it in sport mode and just practicing throttle control than running it in training mode?
    Or is that basically 6 of one and a half dozen of the other?

I'll keep a close eye on it tomorrow afternoon on the next run and report back.
    I'm still considering picking up a couple Venom 2s Lipo packs and saving these 3s packs for when I get the Fiesta VXL or Ken Block(whichever I can find when I'm ready).
    I think I'll be less likely to break stuff due to excess power with the Fiesta(mainly because of the tires).
    Last edited by dcfox; 01-24-2013 at 11:22 PM.
    --
    "Dude,I almost had you"
    R.I.P Paul Walker

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    The esc cycles the pulses on and off very quickly at full power. That's why its harder on the esc at part throttle then full throttle

RC Champion
    so full throttle in training mode would be easier on the ESC than feathering the throttle in sport mode?
    --
    "Dude,I almost had you"
    R.I.P Paul Walker

RC Champion
    I apologize if it seems like I'm asking a bunch of stupid questions. I'm just trying to learn .
    --
    "Dude,I almost had you"
    R.I.P Paul Walker

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by dcfox View Post
    so full throttle in training mode would be easier on the ESC than feathering the throttle in sport mode?
    no, the esc has to limit the speed somehow, I assume in training mode, its the same thing as just running at part speed, the esc likely just locks you from getting full throttle so you are always running around at less speed.

RC Champion
    That makes sense too.
    --
    "Dude,I almost had you"
    R.I.P Paul Walker