RC poster

Pre Break In idea's?

I picked up my new power plant for my Maxx. After the last fiasco with seals on a new 3.3 I decided to pull this one down and check seals. Pulled carb, right out of the box, found this...

I have dug deeper, but havent found any other obvious issues. Besides swapping bearing over to ceramic, are there any other steps I should take to ensure this motor survives more than a few tanks?Ive watched all the videos, read all there is to read on break in...ive got that down, just curious if there are any tips or tricks you vet's have I dont know of.

RC Qualifier
    All I can think of is to wrap the head and pre heat the block if you're in a cold area. What engine is that by the way, Picco red dot it looks like?

RC Champion
    It wouldent hurt to grab some RTV high temp gasket sealer and deal the carb and backplate

RC poster
    Im in central TX- was a beautiful 75 today. Will pre-heat on first start for sure, will monitor temps, probably wont need to wrap. Its a TRX motor, wish it was a Picco! It will be once I get this little nitro motor tuning stuff down.

Kyle, I had new o-rings so I tossed a new one in there, and on the carb. Back plate looks good, not sure if I should seal or not. The last motor I had did leak from there right after break-in..... Is a leak at these points a normal occurrence on the trx motors? I would think the o-ring seals are more than sufficient, or they'd come up with a better method. Anyone know of a better o-ring to use?

RC Qualifier
    Ahh ok, must just be the way the light hit it, made it look like a black cooling head on a red dot

RC Competitor
    yes seal the back plate. i fought a leak for a long time on my 3.3 in my old maxx an it turned out to be that o-ring in carb. black RVT the carb, back plate, exhaust header, around the nut that tightens the carb down.
    revo 3.3 tmaxx 3.3 ofna hyper 7

NEVER, NEVER put anything with an o~ring together dry.
    Always use a lube on the o~ring to keep from getting the o~ring pinched &/or rolled when putting the pieces together.

The result in your pic is what happens when a dry o~ring meets a dry carb body upon assembly.

SuperLube, Dielectric grease, AE Green Slime o~ring lube are all good greases to use on o~rings.
    Look out for the tree/crunch!

LiPo? Naw NITRO!!