RC Enthusiast

steering issues?

First off do you guys recommend toe in ,no-toe or toe-out,I have a small amount of toe -in on my 4x4 pede and the right tire(stock) rubs the shock guard (in a right turn)the left tire doesn't come more than 1/4 inch from the shock guard(in a left turn).
    The servo arms almost touch the 2 support arms(in both directions) under the truck,and seam to move even both directions(I don't think this is a problem)
    The one thing that I'm not sure about is that the servo horn is offset from center,is this normal for a new pede?

RC Qualifier
    A little toed out for offroad to turn sharper in loose stuff. Toed in if you wanna run street and go 60mph. Toed out doing speed runs with these things are really sketchy, mine has kartwheeled 30' into one of my work trucks. Not sure about ur other issues.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbore1934 View Post
    First off do you guys recommend toe in ,no-toe or toe-out,I have a small amount of toe -in on my 4x4 pede and the right tire(stock) rubs the shock guard (in a right turn)the left tire doesn't come more than 1/4 inch from the shock guard(in a left turn).
    The servo arms almost touch the 2 support arms(in both directions) under the truck,and seam to move even both directions(I don't think this is a problem)
    The one thing that I'm not sure about is that the servo horn is offset from center,is this normal for a new pede?
    I run 1 degree toe in on the rear (from the RPM bearing carriers) and I've run 1 degree toe in and 1 degree toe out on the front. Either seems to give good stability for high speed running down my dirt road around 50 mph. I run 2 degrees negative camber front & rear. I did have to do some Dremeling on the shock guards because I'm running big 5.4" tires and needed clearance for them as they did rub the guards.

RC Qualifier
    Toe in on the rear, one degree toe out on the front. You can eyeball the front. If you don't have the same steering left and right, you have some troubleshooting to do. Check the steering trim. Toe in or out might be different. Servo drag link could be off.