RC poster

New Offroad Jato

I am just picking up a Jato 3.3. I am going by the Trx Offroad built on this site to keep up with my buddies T-Maxx. Its just a start and the Jato I bought already has half the parts I needed for the build. If there is anything else I need from there, I will look into it. The tires tho were recommended Moabs but they don't make those anymore. So i am just gonna go with a different 2.2 offroad tire. I will have pics of the car when I get it and then as I am putting parts on.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    congrats, I got me one too, just a few days ago, this is my first jato also new to nitro. About the tires I would look at the proline badlands they are great for offroad.
    Last edited by RC-Fan; 04-17-2012 at 04:00 PM.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by RC-Fan View Post
    congrats, I got me one too, just a few days ago, this is my first jato also new to nitro. About the tires I would look at the proline badlands they are great for offroad.
    +1 for the badlands. I have them on my jato on all fours and it runs awesome in grass and on a baseball field dirt
    Jato 2.5 w/ 3.3
    T-maxx 4907
    1/16 E-Revo VXL

RC poster
    lol i followed the advice by traxxas for turning it into an offroad truck and the suspension is actually so stiff that it hops when it hits bump. advice?

RC Enthusiast
    check this video out. i am following the trx off road build and am using badlands on all and i love them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzcN0DJXlhw
    Lefever_Fever

RC poster
    I used the proline racing trenchers on mine. i love the looks of those tires. used traxxas black chrome wheels with them. for suspension i used the traxxas variable rate pistons, drilled out the holes in the pistons with a 1/16 drill bit. used 30wt up ft, 40wt in the rear. i used the tan ft springs, silver rear springs (as per the traxxas hop-up article). geared 17 tooth pinion, 40 tooth spur gear. mod 1 (revo 3.3 gears). have low end pipe on it. brought it to the local gravel pit sunday, wow. this little jato can do offroad! spring rates might be a little soft. am going to try stock springs with the modified variable rate pistons. only because off big jumps seemed to bottom out pretty easy. but then again, full speed over rough ground, the handling was great. maybe stock springs, modified pistons, heavier shock oil? (thinking out loud). have pictures somewhere, can post if interested

an anyone advise me on gd off road tires for my jato trx 2.5?

wat are the most important partz can upgrade on my new trx 2.5 jato...tx ..buddys

Quote Originally Posted by a.mageswaran_79@hotmail.com View Post
    an anyone advise me on gd off road tires for my jato trx 2.5?
    Quote Originally Posted by a.mageswaran_79@hotmail.com View Post
    wat are the most important partz can upgrade on my new trx 2.5 jato...tx ..buddys

http://traxxas.com/pitpass/hopup/new...e-Road-Jato-33
    Slash PE & Ja-two.