RC poster

transmission locked up

If its not one thing, its another. Transmission seems to be locked up. Was switching to reverse and the servo was clicking....switched it back to forward and it stopped but i guess the servo didnt put it all the way into drive. Gave it gas and it just locked up. It will only roll about 6 inches either way then stop. Ive read other threads and saw some people mention the engine clutch, so i removed the engine from the car and it still wont roll, so it has to be the tranny. Any advice would be great! Do i need to rebuild the entire tranny?

RC Qualifier
    sounds like a broken gear in the tranny. I broke reverse before too. It would only roll 2 inches either way.
    That is the reverse gear thats missing 1/4 of its teeth lol. A trip to the LHS and i was up and going same day.

Best i can suggest is come to a complete stop before using reverse.
    Last edited by NvDesertRat96; 01-20-2013 at 10:35 PM.
    " You just got passed by a Traxxas"

RC poster
    Took the tranny apart after posted the thread. It was the reverse gear for me as well. Thank you for your help. My shift servo is shot, couldnt find a rebuild for it, so just ordered a new one and the output shaft gears.

RC Qualifier
    Lucky its a easy fix. Alot of people dont like the reverse or the opti drive. But im disabled and if i can just back up verse hobbling across the desert im for replacing a couple revese gears as i train my self to be more careful shifting in and out of reverse. There is a seller on ebay "jrc" and "hopmeup" amongst a few others that i have found fantastic deals on. I just got new front and rear bulk heads with all new a arm pins for $2.99 + $5.00 s/h from jrc.

Aside from comeing to a complete stop before shifting in and out of reverse, i recommend cleaning off the opti drive sensor from time to time
    " You just got passed by a Traxxas"

RC Competitor
    check out lumidave35 on ebay also. shipping is crazy fast
    revo 3.3 tmaxx 3.3 ofna hyper 7