Avid Bearings, Shock Boots, and Rebuild...

Well guys, if you've been wondering why I havn't been on the forums much in the last 4 days or so, it's because I've been tearing down my Summit and installing my new Avid Bearings. My first impresion is these things are BRIGHT neon yellow! No duh! Any way, for $43 to replace 43 bearings is a great deal to me. If you see two extra tiny bearings, that's because I orederd an extra two for my Slayer's throttle bellcrank. Here's some pictures!
    Man, I love having so many bearings!

Also, if you've seen the shock boots for the Jato shocks, DON"T GET THEM! They tear so quickly, I tore 3 of the 4 in less than 5 min. But, on the bright side, the shock caps the came with have a groove in them to hold the boot on, so I could use a water ballon insted. Go figure. The shock boots tore, but a tiny water ballon doesn't.
    Torn shock boot.

Replacement shock boot installed. (Water ballon)

So simple!

Also, I had to replace this axle carrier. I guess cartwheeling down a 20ft hill in 5 degree weather isn't such a great idea.

Also, the crash broke two of the wires, so now I only have tail lights.

Last edited by Wolfslash16; 02-27-2013 at 10:20 AM.
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

More info:
    The grease I put in my diffs is normally dark green. Not a tan/brown color!

I guess I didn't feed my Summit enough, because it started eating a diff seal.

So far, the Avid bearigns have been awsome. All 43 of them a have fit with out any problems, and the feel really high quality. IMO, the yellow bearings look great with the black plastic.

On a side note, what should I do with the busted shock boots?

Over all, all the bearings are holding up great, and the water ballon shock boots are holding up great! I must say, I've very happy with Avids! 5 stars!
    Last edited by Wolfslash16; 02-27-2013 at 10:32 AM.
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

RC poster
    Wow, look at all those parts. How do you get this thing back together?

I'm waiting for my Summit(first rc) to arrive in mail. Must say it will be "interesting" when time comes to do some maintenance on it. I'll probably end up with some "extra parts" here and there

RC Racer
    no joke. i was at my hobby shop the o day and i had bought the same bearings before there for 18 bucks for 16. this guy comes in and says i need 3 bearings. the owner pulls 3 bearings off a random pos car and says 30 bucks! to wich the guy replys are they ceramic? owner says yes!. clearley i could tell there not and half ceased lol. the guy says ok! buys them!!!! USED HALF CEASED BEARINGS!!! FOR LIKE 40 TIMES THE PRICE. WELL I WONT BE GOING THERE EVER AGAIN.
    NO U CANT DRIVE MY SUMMIT!