Hybrid View

RC poster

Emaxx 3908 is sloppy when driving

Hi Guys and Gals

I have a 3908 with RPM a-arms in front. Tru Track in rear and RMP knuckles all around and it still is sloppy when driving. I cannot figure out why. It just starts pulling one way, I straighten it our hit the gas and it will pull the other way. I already spent lots of money trying to get it right, and I am out of ideas of what could be the issue. I tried two different sets of tires (Road Rage and Phaltlines).

Any ideas of what is causing this. I am out of ideas and getting aggravated with it.

Any help will be appreciated

RC Racer
    is the steering trim adjusted right? and the camber? also it could be one of your hexes turning in the rim, i found that to be a problem
    Traxxas and yamaha - cant do anything without them

RC Qualifier
    Check that your pivot balls are in properly. Not too tight, just tight enough that the ball can pivot freely. Make sure your steering system is properly tightened up. You may need to open receiver box to do this properly.
    Always get a 2nd Opinion!

RC Qualifier
    I have the same setup and similar problem. I have ProLine Trenchers and the ride height high. I'm going to buy the RPM Toe-In and Monster Camber Gauge to help dial in my wheels.

RC poster
    Thanks Guys. I purchased a new servo saver. Hopefully that cures the issue. I will also get pivot balls too. They seem ok, but i am new to this and am just going to replace them.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Without the toe in and monster gauge you are only guessing on the settings. Invest in the two you will be glad you did!

RC Qualifier
    The Monster Camber and Toe-In Gauge came in. It was pretty easy to dial everything in. Today was the first time that I got everything adjusted properly and I can drive in a straight line without tweaking the trim on the radio.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Good to hear!
    Good investment!

Are your hex adapters worn...it could be wheel slop.
    Rock n Rolla !